Adaptive Cruise not available - Audi E-Tron EV Forum
 5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-20-2019, 09:08 AM Thread Starter

Adaptive Cruise not available

Had the car for three days and worked flawless. Now, when initiating the adaptive cruise I get a message saying: "Adaptive cruise not available right now. Please see owner's manual." Called the dealer who had no idea. Tried to clean the sensor (that was already clean). Anyone else had this problem?
rrao56 likes this.
post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-30-2019, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Had the car for three days and worked flawless. Now, when initiating the adaptive cruise I get a message saying: "Adaptive cruise not available right now. Please see owner's manual." Called the dealer who had no idea. Tried to clean the sensor (that was already clean). Anyone else had this problem?
Ours seems to work, I would 100% take it into the dealer as a warranty issue. There is a software update coming (might of already dropped by now) that is meant to be fixing some of the initial teething issues.
rrao56 likes this.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-23-2019, 06:51 PM

I had a similar thing last night on the say from Sacramento to Seattle. A window popped up a few times while I was driving under cruise that said something like "predictive driving assist unavailable...blah blah...refer to owners manual for more information". But it kept working the entire trip despite the message.
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-10-2019, 08:00 PM

Sometimes it doesn’t work because of the surroundings at that moment - the sensors are confused.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-11-2019, 11:58 AM

We had that "predictive driving assist unavailable" message come up too. Refer to owner's manual. We took the car to the dealer because we had some other messages come up. the predictive driving assist message did not register in the car's computer so the dealer had nothing to say about it.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-15-2019, 01:35 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Same issue just appeared on myLaunch Edition 1. Tried turning off ignition for an hour to reset MMI. Message persisting

Audi RS6 - Audi S5 - BMW 640i - Audi RSQ3 - BMW X3 M40i - finally Audi e-tron
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-17-2019, 03:27 AM

Garage
Update: Took car into Poole Audi, as adaptive cruise assist still not working. Diagnosed as fault with radar calibration, probably due to jolt when going over a hump (at the dealership!). They have seen same problems with the A7.
Recalibrated, now working.
I would have thought that calibration should not be so sensitive to a minor jolt, should have been sorted long ago.
Just another software issue to be addressed
audifan likes this.

Audi RS6 - Audi S5 - BMW 640i - Audi RSQ3 - BMW X3 M40i - finally Audi e-tron
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-21-2019, 12:18 AM

Being new to Audi I wasn't prepared to see so many issues (although I was warned). Coming from Lexus it will take some adjusting but the trade offs seem worth it.
rrao56 likes this.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-27-2019, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrao56 View Post
Update: Took car into Poole Audi, as adaptive cruise assist still not working. Diagnosed as fault with radar calibration, probably due to jolt when going over a hump (at the dealership!). They have seen same problems with the A7.
Recalibrated, now working.
I would have thought that calibration should not be so sensitive to a minor jolt, should have been sorted long ago.
Just another software issue to be addressed
You'd be surprised how much a small jolt or a small blockage can affect these systems, they can be very fickle things.
rrao56 likes this.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old Today, 12:57 PM

Am having the same experience.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page