Audi e-tron Forum banner

Adaptive Cruise not available

27K views 17 replies 17 participants last post by  VT-EV 
#1 ·
Had the car for three days and worked flawless. Now, when initiating the adaptive cruise I get a message saying: "Adaptive cruise not available right now. Please see owner's manual." Called the dealer who had no idea. Tried to clean the sensor (that was already clean). Anyone else had this problem?

#3 ·
I had a similar thing last night on the say from Sacramento to Seattle. A window popped up a few times while I was driving under cruise that said something like "predictive driving assist unavailable...blah blah...refer to owners manual for more information". But it kept working the entire trip despite the message.

#5 ·
We had that "predictive driving assist unavailable" message come up too. Refer to owner's manual. We took the car to the dealer because we had some other messages come up. the predictive driving assist message did not register in the car's computer so the dealer had nothing to say about it.

#7 ·
Update: Took car into Poole Audi, as adaptive cruise assist still not working. Diagnosed as fault with radar calibration, probably due to jolt when going over a hump (at the dealership!). They have seen same problems with the A7.
Recalibrated, now working.
I would have thought that calibration should not be so sensitive to a minor jolt, should have been sorted long ago.
Just another software issue to be addressed:devil:

#11 ·
I am experiencing the same with Adaptive cruise. Has been 'fixed' three times now and problem keeps returning. Latest insight: it is related to the malfuncioning virtural mirror on the drivers side (left in my country). Yep, is hard to believe but who knows. Mirrorcams are to be replaced next week...

#12 ·
Have experienced the same issue, now the 4th time. In fact, it has not been working for at least 10 weeks since first occurrence last October. Dealer keeps "fixing" it, but recurs almost immediately. Stops working intermittently for a couple of days then goes out altogether ......Last time it was supposedly related to an error code in passenger side door handle????? ....sage continues

#13 ·
I am bringing mine in for the second time on this on friday.. I just had it in for the problem about 3 or so weeks ago and it just started doing the same thing again . The first time I had an issue was a boat 1.5 months ago with about 28000 mles on it, its a 2019. I will see what they say this time.

#14 ·
One of the VERY FEW problems I had in my Model S in 5 years was a notice that my ACC was unavailable. The warning went on to explain it was out of alignment. I took it in for the alignment and never had the problem again. You might relay that to the dealer. Might be the same problem.

#15 ·
Just finished one year since I purchased my 2019 E-tron Edition One. Adaptive cruise has never worked on this car despite 3 trips to the dealer...waiting on a software update is what I keep hearing. A call to Audi was of no value. It goes in next week and we'll see if they can fix that permanent ACC issue and the intermittent issues (e.g., backup camera, auto head lights on when its sunny) as well.

#17 ·
Sorry for the thread bump, but I found this thread when I had this issue a week ago, and I just wanted to update it with my experience in case it's of any help to anybody who finds this in future.

Kwik Fit (in the UK) fitted 4 new tyres to my e-tron and corrected the wheel tracking. They then recalibrated the ADAS (because of the change to the tracking), but made a complete mess of it. I ended up with 3 permanent warnings on the car: faulty distance warning, faulty pre-sense, and air suspension stuck in service mode. Kwik Fit couldn't fix it, even at another branch, so they said they'd pay for Audi to sort it (and also gave me a hire car in the meantime).

Anyway, Audi fixed the three warnings but then I was stuck with "Adaptive cruise assist not available right now. Please see owner's manual." every time I tried to use ACC. I took my car to them a second time, and they sorted it. They said the software was "massively out of date" for the ACC, and that later e-tron models now have self-calibrating ACC. So they updated my 2019 e-tron to the latest self-calibrating software. I'm assuming they meant software specific to the ACC, as the "main" car software was already fully up to date. I already know from getting my virtual wing mirrors sorted that lots of individual components of the car have their own software/firmware, it isn't a single centralised piece of software.