Window camera issues - Page 5 - Audi E-Tron EV Forum
 28Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #41 of 54 (permalink) Old 11-23-2019, 04:11 AM

Hi All and greetings from Swiss.... Good to see I am not the only one with issues but in the same time sad to see so many issues with the etron. My car is going in next week for repair/service/updates (again) and it will be interesting to see what they will be able to fix or not. I will next week write an update and maybe open a section with summary issues if I cannot find one.
rrao56 and Rowanlaw like this.

S4 Cabrio, ABT SQ7, e-tron Limited Edition one
post #42 of 54 (permalink) Old 11-26-2019, 06:03 AM

Virtual Mirror Fault
Well, after a mere ten days and 500 miles my e-tron has been returned to the dealer. This was a directive from Audi in response to the intermittent Virtual Mirror fault. On pick-up I was informed that the mirrors had been fixed but I think they were keen to get the car registered in September knowing it would be back with this fault. I was then asked by the hire car company to travel 20miles to pick up a hire car when I have no transport! A real shame because when the mirrors work they are brilliant.
I think Audi are doing their best and I still love the car but that feeling of having a brand new car has lasted just over a week and when I get it back it won’t feel like a brand new car anymore… does that make sense? I feel like I’ve been robbed of that experience.
post #43 of 54 (permalink) Old 11-26-2019, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowanlaw View Post
Virtual Mirror Fault
Well, after a mere ten days and 500 miles my e-tron has been returned to the dealer. This was a directive from Audi in response to the intermittent Virtual Mirror fault. On pick-up I was informed that the mirrors had been fixed but I think they were keen to get the car registered in September knowing it would be back with this fault. I was then asked by the hire car company to travel 20miles to pick up a hire car when I have no transport! A real shame because when the mirrors work they are brilliant.
I think Audi are doing their best and I still love the car but that feeling of having a brand new car has lasted just over a week and when I get it back it won’t feel like a brand new car anymore… does that make sense? I feel like I’ve been robbed of that experience.
Hi,

I got my car back and the mirror should be fixed now.
Recall Ref: 66L1 - was the fix
I update my sections on issues and fixes for it
rrao56 likes this.

post #44 of 54 (permalink) Old 11-27-2019, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter View Post
Hi,

Thanks, that reference is helpful. Was it a software fix?
post #45 of 54 (permalink) Old 11-27-2019, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Hi,

post #46 of 54 (permalink) Old 11-27-2019, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowanlaw View Post
Have a look here , you see all the fixes for it, quiet a lot
https://www.e-tronforum.com/forum/10...es-so-far.html

But was: Software Update, Display Change, ECU Change, Shielding ECU

post #47 of 54 (permalink) Old 11-27-2019, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Have a look here , you see all the fixes for it, quiet a lot
https://www.e-tronforum.com/forum/10...es-so-far.html

But was: Software Update, Display Change, ECU Change, Shielding ECU
Most informative -thanks.
post #48 of 54 (permalink) Old 11-28-2019, 08:47 AM

My apologies for the slow reply! I am in The Netherlands.
post #49 of 54 (permalink) Old 11-28-2019, 09:10 AM

I have been away for a while, testing my new Etron:-) The good news is that I finally received my new car and that it is a fantastic car to look at and ton drive in! But... Unfortunately I have the exact same problems as most of you. By the way, Peter your post with a drill down of the issues you have experienced has been very helpful . Thank you!

I have received my car after the virtual mirror issue had been resolved but this is not the case at all. Next to all of the know issues I also experience that the touch control of the mirror turns on every few minutes without touching the screen and at that moment the screen starts moving up/down/left/right very quickly which makes it almost impossible to see anything in it. next to that I experience extreme fog issues, especially on the passenger mirror. Even after driving in the car for an hour, the fog is still not gone. During daytime this makes the mirror useless for about 80%, at night it is 100% useless.

I have to bring my car back to Audi on the 9th of December and it is going to stay there for a week. I truly hope they can solve all of the major issues. This is definitely not the experience you want to have when you buy a new car. For sure I have never had this before with Volvo and BMW.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0427.jpg (77.7 KB, 9 views)
post #50 of 54 (permalink) Old 11-28-2019, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robaloth View Post
I have been away for a while, testing my new Etron:-) The good news is that I finally received my new car and that it is a fantastic car to look at and ton drive in! But... Unfortunately I have the exact same problems as most of you. By the way, Peter your post with a drill down of the issues you have experienced has been very helpful . Thank you!

I have received my car after the virtual mirror issue had been resolved but this is not the case at all. Next to all of the know issues I also experience that the touch control of the mirror turns on every few minutes without touching the screen and at that moment the screen starts moving up/down/left/right very quickly which makes it almost impossible to see anything in it. next to that I experience extreme fog issues, especially on the passenger mirror. Even after driving in the car for an hour, the fog is still not gone. During daytime this makes the mirror useless for about 80%, at night it is 100% useless.

I have to bring my car back to Audi on the 9th of December and it is going to stay there for a week. I truly hope they can solve all of the major issues. This is definitely not the experience you want to have when you buy a new car. For sure I have never had this before with Volvo and BMW.
Totally agree and you've summed up the virtual mirror problems in a nutshell.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page