Audi e-tron Forum banner

Parking brake malfunction

13K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  Chris 
#1 ·
My wife was driving her eTron this morning and a yellow warning flashed on that said "Parking Brake Malfunction". The message disappeared but a yellow light stayed on. Has anyone experienced this problem? She is taking it to the dealer right now.

#3 ·
another warning came up today

So we had two warnings come up previously and today, on the way to the dealer this morning, a warning came up that said "Predictive Efficiency Assist Unavailable". Not sure what is going on that we have had 3 warnings come up in the past 3 days. Hoping they show up in the car's computer and can be read from the OBD port.
Has anyone else experienced warnings coming up like this? The car has less than 2500 miles on it.

#4 ·
So we had two warnings come up previously and today, on the way to the dealer this morning, a warning came up that said "Predictive Efficiency Assist Unavailable". Not sure what is going on that we have had 3 warnings come up in the past 3 days. Hoping they show up in the car's computer and can be read from the OBD port.
Has anyone else experienced warnings coming up like this? The car has less than 2500 miles on it.
Did your dealer tell you anything or just fixed the issue and/or cleared the code?

#5 ·
warning messages

The dealer could not find that the computer recorded the warning messages that came up for "parking brake malfunction" and "predictive efficiency assist unavailable". The warning for "license plate light faulty" did register on the computer but the dealer could not locate any issues with the license plate light. Said to bring it back in if that message comes up again.

#11 ·
Experienced the same license plate fault just like the you tube demo above. However, when I decided to take the car to Audi, the fault had disappeared. I'm wondering if cold weather contributes to the fault (freezing temperatures when it occurred, but 50 degrees with no fault). Anyway, I'll take it to Audit the next time it occurs. Btw, Audi of Annapolis told me they had to replace a light in another E-tron and the part was shipped from Germany in about 5-7 days.

#12 ·
Have the same issue with tail light and the license plate light. Also got the error message on the parking brake. I took pictures of all error messages (and the tail and plate lights malfunction). Will go to the dealer on Monday 9 March. Keep you updated on what they tell me. Really helpful thread - thanks!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.