Hard shudder when transmission changed to DRIVE from PARK on an incline/decline - Audi E-Tron EV Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-16-2019, 07:59 PM Thread Starter

Hard shudder when transmission changed to DRIVE from PARK on an incline/decline

Hi All-

Had this happen twice. The eTron was parked on a decline on the first time, and on an incline the second. After the shifter is moved to DRIVE from Park (w/parking brake engaged), the car begins a to shudder and cause all sorts of disturbing sounds like it is rapidly switching to and from park in a very highly loaded fashion. Happens for about 10 seconds then stops and all things are fine. Anyone else?

Going to try to reproduce this weekend.
post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-18-2019, 12:33 PM

I have had a similar issue, but not for the length of time that you are describing. It is more of a hard shift and lasts only for about 2 seconds.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-21-2019, 12:15 AM

You should try asking your dealer and/or others around if there's a TSB (Technical Service Bulletin) out on this issue. If you find out, keep us posted.
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-24-2019, 08:07 AM

I have also experienced this issue with a shorter time frame. Around 2 seconds like others. I believe I can avoid this by disengaging the parking brake myself instead of putting the vehicle in gear and it automatically disengaging. Small sample size so I'm not 100% on that workaround. Worth a try.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page