Audi e-tron Forum banner

Hard shudder when transmission changed to DRIVE from PARK on an incline/decline

4K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  ex-expats 
#1 ·
Hi All-

Had this happen twice. The eTron was parked on a decline on the first time, and on an incline the second. After the shifter is moved to DRIVE from Park (w/parking brake engaged), the car begins a to shudder and cause all sorts of disturbing sounds like it is rapidly switching to and from park in a very highly loaded fashion. Happens for about 10 seconds then stops and all things are fine. Anyone else?

Going to try to reproduce this weekend.

#4 ·
I have also experienced this issue with a shorter time frame. Around 2 seconds like others. I believe I can avoid this by disengaging the parking brake myself instead of putting the vehicle in gear and it automatically disengaging. Small sample size so I'm not 100% on that workaround. Worth a try.

#5 ·
Hello, i have had the same phenomenon, it seems that there is a lot of tension on the gears in the transmission hen te car is parked on a incline rond, i do now as follows; I put the selector in neutral and then I put the parking brake on and then I put the selector in P. And I do not have the problem anymore.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.