2019 Audi E-Tron Recall: High-Voltage Battery May Short-Circuit - Audi E-Tron EV Forum
 3Likes
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-17-2019, 04:27 PM Thread Starter
Administrator

Garage
Exclamation 2019 Audi E-Tron Recall: High-Voltage Battery May Short-Circuit

Moisture in the high-voltage system can cause a short-circuit, increasing the risk of fire. If warning lights appear along with the message "Electrical system: fault," immediately stop driving the vehicle, park outdoors away from structures, do not charge the vehicle, and contact Audi Roadside Assistance at 1-800-411-9988 to have the vehicle towed.

Affect Model: 2019 Audi E-Tron

NHTSA Campaign Number: 19V434000

Manufacturer Volkswagen Group of America, Inc.

Components ELECTRICAL SYSTEM

Potential Number of Units Affected 1,646

Summary

Volkswagen Group of America, Inc. (Audi) is recalling certain 2019 Audi e-tron vehicles. Moisture can enter the high-voltage battery system through a faulty seal on the charging socket.

Remedy

Audi will notify owners, and dealers will install a new seal and, as necessary, replace the affected system components, free of charge. Notices informing owners of the safety risk are expected to be mailed in June 2019. Remedy parts are expected to become available in August 2019. Owners may contact Audi's customer service at 1-800-253-2834. Audi's number for this recall is 93E8.

4 Associated Documents

Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Date: June 07, 2019 Advance Notice & Stop-Sale – Safety Recall 93E8 / HV Battery Charging Socket

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Defect Notice 573 Report

Recall Acknowledgement

If you need Admin support please post here:
https://www.e-tronforum.com/forum/5-a...help-feedback/
post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-18-2019, 06:57 PM

The fact no e-Tron's have caught on fire as yet is a great sign. Goes to show Audi is on top of potential issues. I'll be interested in seeing how dealers handle pressing issues as they come up.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-30-2019, 01:12 PM

Talked to VW directly, this should only occur if you charge your car outdoors and and it's very wet, normal driving, car wash should not cause this.

But yeah I'll be taking ours in when they have the parts to fix it, we charge in our garage, but don't want to be caught short on the one time we charge out in the rain!
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-25-2019, 01:42 PM

I am waiting delivery of mine because they are on a stop sale order. It appears all the Year One package units are affected, but there are some out there which are not.

I was hoping to get mine this week but unless my dealer can find one post-recall, I'm stuck waiting. My charger is being installed next week.

Good luck all!
audifan likes this.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-25-2019, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art123 View Post
I am waiting delivery of mine because they are on a stop sale order. It appears all the Year One package units are affected, but there are some out there which are not.

I was hoping to get mine this week but unless my dealer can find one post-recall, I'm stuck waiting. My charger is being installed next week.

Good luck all!
What spec e-Tron did you get? Keep us posted on when you can finally take delivery. Just make sure to inspect it properly before rolling away from the dealer.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-27-2019, 08:49 AM

I was getting an Edition One and the dealer found me a non E1 which I liked so I picked it up yesterday.

Typhoon Grey with Okapi Brown interior, Prestige.
audifan and rrao56 like this.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-29-2019, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art123 View Post
I was getting an Edition One and the dealer found me a non E1 which I liked so I picked it up yesterday.

Typhoon Grey with Okapi Brown interior, Prestige.
Nice color choice. Seen an A3 e-Tron in person rocking Typhoon and always loved it but Antigua is hard to get away from!
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-31-2019, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by audifan View Post
Nice color choice. Seen an A3 e-Tron in person rocking Typhoon and always loved it but Antigua is hard to get away from!
I like the Antigua also but my wife would not have liked it. This is a perfect combination for me. Thanks!
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Unread 08-29-2019, 12:31 PM

Same here but parts finally came in. Picking up my E1 at 1330 today!
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Unread 09-06-2019, 02:44 AM

Has anyone yet had their car into the dealer for the recall yet?
Mine has been scheduled for Sept 19th.
Hope there will be a software solution for the dimming window camera too.

Audi RS6 - Audi S5 - BMW 640i - Audi RSQ3 - BMW X3 M40i - finally Audi e-tron