Audi e-tron Forum banner

E-Tron will have access to large charging network

5K views 12 replies 3 participants last post by  audifan 
#1 ·
Owners of the E-Tron will be happy to hear that the car will be compatible with 80% of the charging stations in Europe. You'll be given an e-tron Charging Service card and billing will be handled under a single contract with pricing models, on a monthly basis. As standard the E-Tron will come with a compact mobile charging system which can be used on either a 230 volt household outlet or a 400 volt three phase outlet. An optional connect charging system will double the power to as much as 22kW.

#3 ·
I do think that with future electrics we will be seeing far less exclusivity in terms of compatibility with charging stations. It's not to anyone's benefit to only be able to use certain brands/companies. This should also help to streamline things on the consumer side, because current owners have dozens of different memberships/cards.

#4 ·
I only see it as an incentive currently while the first EV's hit the road and infrastructure is needed as well as more reasons to get people to buy.

Someone I know with a Model S raves about the supercharger stations he frequents and wouldn't have bought a Model S if it wasn't so available.

#5 ·
I know that Shell has already begun placing their own charging stations at select gas stations around Europe. If this ends up becoming the norm and we see already established stations adding electric terminals, then infrastructure will increase two fold.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.