New LV Etron Owner - Audi E-Tron EV Forum
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By hkboxster
  • 1 Post By gonkulator

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-15-2019, 01:44 AM Thread Starter

New LV Etron Owner

Just picked up my Etron on Saturday in Las Vegas. I was going to get a Tesla X but the shady dealing and problems with bait and switch tactics fo the Sales Folks had me go to the Audi Dealer down the road.

Much better drive / quality . But only wish the Fast Charging capabilities/reliability gets in place fast. There is only 1 Electrify America charging point in Las Vegas. Went today to see how it works and all the charging points we not working...

Hope it gets better...
rrao56 likes this.
post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-15-2019, 05:53 AM

Congrats.
Did you at least get to spend some time behind the wheel of a Model X?
As someone still on the fence about getting a Model X, any feedback would be appreciated.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-15-2019, 03:57 PM Thread Starter

I did test drive it.

The Audi drives more like a traditional car and feel is more solid.

I didn't like the Tesla attitude nor the regenerative breaking. The plus is their Supercharger Network,.
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-23-2019, 12:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by audifan View Post
Congrats.
Did you at least get to spend some time behind the wheel of a Model X?
As someone still on the fence about getting a Model X, any feedback would be appreciated.
I had reserved a Model X early on, and tested it overnight. It was quite impressive in many ways, and a bit odd in some ways also. I found the Tesla people about the best in the business. I also liked the ability to use aggressive regenerative braking. (I wish the e-tron had it to that degree.) Also, they let you use the rear camera while driving, which is great. But in the end, since there was only at the time a seven seat option, and I had my doubts about the passenger doors in a couple of ways, and then I found out the upcoming e-tron was cheaper, and made by Audi (with all that implies,) I decided to drop my reservation for the X, get an A3 e tron as a stop gap, and wait for the e-tron, which was finally delivered a week ago.
audifan likes this.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-03-2019, 11:00 AM

congratulations on getting your new e-tron hkboxster! If you don't mind me asking, what happened when you were dealing with the Tesla sales people that made you go to Audi?
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-07-2019, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonkulator View Post
I had reserved a Model X early on, and tested it overnight. It was quite impressive in many ways, and a bit odd in some ways also. I found the Tesla people about the best in the business. I also liked the ability to use aggressive regenerative braking. (I wish the e-tron had it to that degree.) Also, they let you use the rear camera while driving, which is great. But in the end, since there was only at the time a seven seat option, and I had my doubts about the passenger doors in a couple of ways, and then I found out the upcoming e-tron was cheaper, and made by Audi (with all that implies,) I decided to drop my reservation for the X, get an A3 e tron as a stop gap, and wait for the e-tron, which was finally delivered a week ago.
Appreciate your feedback.
A perk with the e-Tron should be consistent performance. Apparently those Tesla's don't offer it but when charge levels are right, its about as much fun as you can get. Porsche is also on my watchlist. They're owned by VW group that also owns Audi. VW group WILL be bringing the fight to Tesla.

Our options will drastically grow.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-29-2019, 12:36 PM

I believe u can select from 3 regen braking levels on the etron. Will know for sure when I pick up my E1 this afternoon.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page