My magic moment in SFO - Audi E-Tron EV Forum
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-18-2018, 12:59 AM Thread Starter

My magic moment in SFO

https://vimeo.com/294562412

Unfortunately in Swiss german. Neverthess it was a pleasure to visit SFO and to join the e-tron party!
post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-18-2018, 09:24 AM

Wow that's some top level video quality production, well done. What did you think of the E-Tron in person? Thanks for sharing.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-18-2018, 04:08 PM Thread Starter

I was yesterday again at the Pop up store in Zurich, Switzerland. To be honest, high quality and nice car. Of course, the engine is not as powerful as the Tesla MS 90D.
I prefer to have a high quality car with nice features (Head up display, Offroad modus on a real SUV etc.) than only a powerful engine.
Looking forward to get early January my e-tron 55.
audifan likes this.
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-18-2018, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandioni View Post
I was yesterday again at the Pop up store in Zurich, Switzerland. To be honest, high quality and nice car. Of course, the engine is not as powerful as the Tesla MS 90D.
I prefer to have a high quality car with nice features (Head up display, Offroad modus on a real SUV etc.) than only a powerful engine.
Looking forward to get early January my e-tron 55.
that's why i'm also looking at Mercedes, they have been know for cutting edge technology and being early adopters. few other car makers execute like them.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-20-2018, 12:01 PM

Never been a fan of the minimalistic cabin designs of Tesla products, even if their vehicles are more powerful. I also think its incredibly dangerous to have all of your vehicles controls isolated to just one tablet screen.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-26-2018, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohen View Post
Never been a fan of the minimalistic cabin designs of Tesla products, even if their vehicles are more powerful. I also think its incredibly dangerous to have all of your vehicles controls isolated to just one tablet screen.
fact is it works and we're not just seeing it with automobiles but also with designs in many other areas of daily life, architecture being a big one in city centers.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-30-2018, 09:30 AM

Does it work though? If you've ever been behind the wheel of a Tesla it can be very overcomplicated. Simple adjustments to your mirrors or heating requires fiddling through multiple menus. The only reason there hasn't been more accidents is because of all the safety systems.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-09-2018, 12:32 PM

i'm a fan of the design layout but the tech's interface does indeed need to be reworked but from what i realized its not stopping the average consumer from buying and that's what matters ultimately. the amount of reasons people have for buying a Tesla far outpaces the negatives.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-23-2018, 09:13 AM

Tesla could easily address this issues with more voice controls. That's the route we've been seeing companies like MB go with their new MBUX system and it works incredibly well.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-26-2018, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohen View Post
Tesla could easily address this issues with more voice controls. That's the route we've been seeing companies like MB go with their new MBUX system and it works incredibly well.
I was impressed by how much they've incorporated into the system that doesn't just pick up on simple commands but it keeps up with the times and ultimately learning about you. Can't be hard for other car makers to integrate it with companies like Google and Amazon willing to lend a hand.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page