The making of the E-Tron - Audi E-Tron EV Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-07-2019, 11:01 AM Thread Starter

The making of the E-Tron

Audi has dropped an official video that gives us a background look into the development of the e-tron. Don't think it was necessary for them to throw shade at Tesla, as that company is really the only reason why models like this are in development.
post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-08-2019, 09:46 AM

It's easy to hate on a company that currently has the best selling car in the U.S period. Am I the only one who thinks that 400km of range from a 95kWh pack seems fairly inefficient?
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-09-2019, 10:12 AM Thread Starter

I don't think the range numbers are official yet, but I agree that they do seem on the low end of the spectrum. If you need to directly reference the competition that suggests you aren't confident enough in your product.
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-09-2019, 07:15 PM

Range can't be that bad, at some point people need to look at how much they actually need.
I've always bought Audi and will continue more for the features i'm used to rather than how they compare.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-12-2019, 01:11 PM

I'm just curious to see how 'revolutionary' their acclaimed energy recuperation is. This is something that every automaker has in place and it only provides very minor boosts to overall range.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-14-2019, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayce View Post
I'm just curious to see how 'revolutionary' their acclaimed energy recuperation is. This is something that every automaker has in place and it only provides very minor boosts to overall range.
At some point what seems to be a solution sometimes turn out to be a marketing ploy and in the auto industry its easy to get away with such practices.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-15-2019, 10:22 AM Thread Starter

There is only so much electricity that can be generated with braking, and that largely depends on your route. This tech will continue to evolve as more EV's come to market.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-15-2019, 08:22 PM

Maintaining buyer confidence is essential, once its common knowledge that range anxiety isn't a thing, automakers won't need these approaches.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-17-2019, 05:16 PM

Talking about the competition is no way to go about this especially from a well established brand.
Shame on Audi unless they really feel threatened which should reveal bigger concerns for them and us.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page