E-tron will be the first car with built in transponder - Audi E-Tron EV Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Jayce

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-16-2018, 02:34 PM Thread Starter

E-tron will be the first car with built in transponder

When the Audi E-Tron crossover arrives next year, it will be the first model from the brand to feature an electronic toll payment transponder integrated directly into the rear view mirror. This will be standard for all models and will allow drivers to access select toll roads in the U.S ans Canada, without the need to mount unsightly transponders on the dash or windscreen. The built in module can be controlled directly through Audi's Multi Media Interface system.
post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-16-2018, 08:12 PM

I wish it was an option along with Sirius satellite. Don't want either but have Sirius in both my cars. Never subscribed because all of the horror stories with billing.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-05-2018, 11:31 AM

It'll be nice not having to place those god awful looking velcro strips on the windshield of a brand new car for a change. While its a minor inconvenience, fumbling to pull it out of the glovebox in a hurry is always a hassle.
dallascajun likes this.
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-24-2018, 10:21 AM Thread Starter

We know that now more than ever, people are willing to pay extra for convenience. I'm all for anything that helps to reduce clutter inside my car.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-24-2018, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayce View Post
It'll be nice not having to place those god awful looking velcro strips on the windshield of a brand new car for a change. While its a minor inconvenience, fumbling to pull it out of the glovebox in a hurry is always a hassle.
I used to work in a dealership and on road tests they were annoying, some customers wouldn't even mount them properly but instead leave it sitting on the dash.
Everytime a tech stepped in and saw it, you saw a dreadful look on their face!

Last edited by audifan; 10-24-2018 at 06:31 PM.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-30-2019, 09:16 PM

Garage
Has anyone been able to find a full list of the various toll systems that are supported by the ITM?

2019 Audi e-Tron
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-02-2019, 01:00 AM

Haven't found it myself but I believe this is information our dealers should have.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-03-2019, 02:24 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by audifan View Post
Haven't found it myself but I believe this is information our dealers should have.
Thanks. I was wondering if the Dallas toll system was covered (NTTA) much less others in the area. But after going through the activation process yesterday, it appears they have agreements with every Toll authority across the US. I haven't yet driven on a Toll road in the area, so will be checking my account after I hit a few. Apparently I don't need to maintain an account through NTTA anymore as everything is billed directly through this other system.

2019 Audi e-Tron

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page