Audi e-tron Forum banner

E-tron will be the first car with built in transponder

6K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  drunkenspyder 
#1 ·
When the Audi E-Tron crossover arrives next year, it will be the first model from the brand to feature an electronic toll payment transponder integrated directly into the rear view mirror. This will be standard for all models and will allow drivers to access select toll roads in the U.S ans Canada, without the need to mount unsightly transponders on the dash or windscreen. The built in module can be controlled directly through Audi's Multi Media Interface system.

#8 ·
Thanks. I was wondering if the Dallas toll system was covered (NTTA) much less others in the area. But after going through the activation process yesterday, it appears they have agreements with every Toll authority across the US. I haven't yet driven on a Toll road in the area, so will be checking my account after I hit a few. Apparently I don't need to maintain an account through NTTA anymore as everything is billed directly through this other system.

#10 ·
It was included on our first e-tron (Premium Plus) delivery. Audi replaced ours with a Prestige that had ITM on it as well. So I assume all American builds have ITM.

I agree. In my case, ITM not worth it at the moment.

Here in the NYC/NJ/Tristate area, Payviam took over this year (2020) for Bestpass. In NYC/NJ, there are "green" discounts that EZPass offers that are not available yet through Payviam (verified Oct 26, 2020). So we cancelled ours since lockdown since we aren't driving routinely. Perhaps we'll reactivate the ITM when Payviam brings the discounts into their offerings.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.