Audi e-tron Forum banner

Matrix headlights

14K views 21 replies 11 participants last post by  JNealCox 
#1 ·
I've seen some references to the e-tron having standard LED headlights and some references to it having matrix design LED headlights. During the media event they also mentioned that the car would have matrix headlights but would need to be enabled via a software update after they have been cleared by regulatory agencies in the US. According to this article, we should be one step closer to that happening.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-autos-lights/u-s-safety-agency-oks-advanced-headlights-for-road-use-idUSKCN1ML2UW

Alex

#3 ·
Seen this in person for myself on the a new Jaguar E-Pace that my buddy just picked up and I have to say its impressive, but it was optional as you can expect, not standard.

It also helps that the rest of the headlamp assembly complements the tech housed in it...

#9 ·
I recently have been chatting with tech support with OBDEleven. After giving them the part number on my headlight, the person said that those did not appear to be Matrix headlights so they did not think they could be enabled to Matrix later. When you confirmed with Audi, was that someone in Germany or in the USA?

#7 ·
I have read somewhere that they could possibly be turned on/activated using the OBDeleven Pro. Still looking in to that. I purchased the OBDeleven but still trying to figure out what options it can turn on for me. Since I already have the Prestige model, there isn't much additional that can be turned on.

#8 ·
I'd say there are still a good number of things that you can customize on Prestige eTron's with OBD Eleven: Confirmed e-tron OBDeleven tweaks | OBDeleven

There are also a good number of things you can disable- like the nanny state monitors which block your ability to change anything on the Nav or other MMI functions while the vehicle in motion. I disabled all of them. I also liked the idea of changing the Sounder so that I get double chirps when locked and single chip with unlocking. And decreased the amount of double click time to open the tailgate with Keyfob since it's very easily inadvertently pressed while in your pocket.

The biggest help is anytime there is any issue on the eTron so that I get tell what faults it's throwing and then spell them out for the Audi dealer so they won't blow off my concern with the typical- "cannot replicate customer issue".

#12 ·
Should be noted these are the DIGITAL matrix LED lights - not the Matrix LEDs. (another set of wording that might confuse people unfortunately that might mistake the two).

This is the Normal Matrix LED lights:

Reactions: kataja
#14 ·
E-tron comes in two types of headlights: matrix headlights and digital matrix headlights.
On cars for the USA, you can software unlock the work of matrix headlights. But I don't think there is a legal way to do it

View attachment 2041
I am not really worried about it being illegal. Where can I find the setting or how can I software the work of matrix headlights?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.