E-Tron Delivery schedules - Audi E-Tron EV Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-05-2018, 08:38 PM Thread Starter

E-Tron Delivery schedules

Does anyone know if any cars have actually been delivered to users? Production was supposed to have started in September, but here it is December and I can't find any comments from actual buyers. What is going on with deliveries?
post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-06-2018, 09:22 AM

It is expected to go on sale early 2019, so hopefully that means deliveries will start in the next month or so. Keep in mind that the launch was delayed by 4 weeks due to some software glitches and issues with battery prices.
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-06-2018, 04:44 PM

Prior to owners taking delivery might be some dealer only models from Audi HQ. A couple months before R8 customer deliveries, some production prototypes went around.
post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-07-2018, 09:18 AM

Rarely if ever do new EV's launch according to schedule. Demand has been unprecedented for newer models like the I-Pace and there are many who have been told to expect to wait for upwards of a year.
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-10-2018, 12:43 AM

Over time I think people have learned that being early adopters come with these issues. As bad as it was for Tesla, most who ordered that i know kept on waiting.
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-11-2018, 07:58 AM

Not only are people waiting for years on end to take delivery, but most of them are doing so sight unseen. I just don't know if I could make that kind of investment based upon pictures and promises.
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-20-2018, 01:33 PM

When a brand has Apple type of fan boys then it is reasonable to some extent, but if they don't the losing out to rival brands is a big possibility
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-28-2018, 09:04 AM

There is a big difference between a $1k phone and an $80k car, but I understand the mentality that you are referring to. Some early buyers are definitely making their purchase on prestige alone.
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-28-2018, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayce View Post
There is a big difference between a $1k phone and an $80k car, but I understand the mentality that you are referring to. Some early buyers are definitely making their purchase on prestige alone.
It come down to the attraction these brands drum up, if they can, which in Tesla's case its needed. Few succeed bringing auto brands up from nothing these days.
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-07-2019, 12:26 PM Thread Starter

Demo Model in US

Last week I got a call from my local dealer that he had an Etron available to look at. Of course, I rushed right over for a chance to see it in real life and to sit in it, open all the doors etc. My first impression was that I really liked it. Much more luxurious than my current Tesla Model S. I was also impressed with the degree of adjustment of the driver's seat. Being 6'2" I was concerned about headroom and how my legs would fit. I have never been in a car with the amount of adjustment this car had. The seat went way down and way back. So far back that I couldn't reach the pedals. The steering column also had a wide range of movement.

Asking about delivery schedules, I was told that no deliveries had been made in the US yet. I couldn't get a definite answer for a date. The dealer did show me that my name was in his computer as someone in the que for delivery to his facility. I just have to wait I guess. I've not gotten any indication from the factory that they have even started thinking about my car.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page