What kind of range have you been getting? - Audi E-Tron EV Forum
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Unread 08-28-2019, 07:04 PM Thread Starter

What kind of range have you been getting?

I would love to hear from eTron owners about what they have experienced for the best and the worst mileage ranges on a full charge.

I seem to consistently get about 200 miles on a full charge.

There is an interesting article in the link below about a theory as to why the eTron, with a 95kwh battery has a lower range than a Tesla with a 75kwh battery or the IPace with a 90 kwh battery.

https://qz.com/1593635/audi-e-trons-...t-battery-use/

(I apologize for not being able to insert the actual link and making people have to copy and paste this link)
post #2 of 8 (permalink) Unread 08-29-2019, 04:23 AM

Same here. Range 194-201 miles

Audi RS6 - Audi S5 - BMW 640i - Audi RSQ3 - BMW X3 M40i - finally Audi e-tron
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Unread 09-01-2019, 09:57 PM

Range 176 to 204 miles, mostly around 180 miles on a full charge.
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Unread 09-03-2019, 08:11 PM Thread Starter

regenerative braking added about 50 miles to my range

I had an interesting drive. I had 156 miles showing as my range and had a trip of 150 miles to go from Big Bear (Elevation 6800') to my house. When I got to the bottom of the mountain, my range had only dropped from 156 miles to 153 miles. So I covered 40 miles of downhill and only used up 3 miles of my range because the regenerative braking added approx 37 miles to my range.

I ended up doing a trip of 150 miles and when I arrived home I still had a range of 50 miles showing. So using regenerative braking as much as possible going downhill and then putting the car in economy mode used only 100 miles of range on a trip that was actually 150 miles.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Unread 09-04-2019, 07:16 PM

on a straight road trip Sacramento-> Seattle via I-5, I started out with about 239 miles @ 100%.

However after climbing into Redding and the remainder of the trip (done over 1.5 days) I maxed out at about 204-213. Here in Seattle where we have lots of steep hills, 100% = ~ 204 miles. Regen is way better than our prior X5 PHEV, but the hills still take a lot out of the range...

Hoping but not counting on Audi getting some mileage out of battery management updates (ala Tesla roadster v1 update that helped up the range on that original car) .... I won't be staying awake waiting tho...
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Unread 09-04-2019, 07:17 PM

Still hows about 150Mile on a full charge. But afraid to go on a long drive..
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Unread 09-05-2019, 07:17 PM

Now that the Porsche Taycan is out, I heard the e-Tron could be moving to its all-new platform. For us that could mean a massive change to range.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Unread Today, 08:30 AM

E-tron changing range after charge

I have owned my E-tron for around 5 weeks now in France where I live and have made several long trips (1,000 Km) what I'm finding is that charging at home to 100% will give me an average range of 349 km (although once it actually went to 380km). On my recent long trip from the Uk back to France using the Ionity superchargers 100% charge was only providing 290km so not enough to get to the next super charger meaning that we had to do an unscheduled stop at another charger just for a top up to get to the next super charger. Maybe the range is reducing because the batteries are hot. I'm sure I read in the manual is says that ideally you should wait 1 hour to allow the batteries to cool down after a 100% charge but can't seem to find this again to quote. So any ideas why my charge rate is so direct when on a long journey?

Last edited by Glennt; Today at 08:32 AM. Reason: Spelling