American e-tron sales decline in August - Audi E-Tron EV Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-10-2019, 09:39 AM Thread Starter

American e-tron sales decline in August

Since its first full month of sales in May, it looks like e-tron sales have been declining. According to InsideEVs, Audi delivered only 593 e-trons in August, which was around 2.8% of all Audi sales.

Quote:
Currently, Audi e-tron seems to be the slowest-selling crossover/SUV for Audi as August numbers are:

Q3 - 2,420
Q5 - 6,282
Q6 - 3,408
Q8 - 1,214
e-tron - 593
The comparison to ICE models brings us to an optimistic conclusion that there is huge room for improvement.
post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-16-2019, 03:24 PM

Stopped by Audi of North Scottsdale yesterday (Sunday) and saw 6 E-Trons on the lot and an additional one tagged service. The colors were terrible. The service one was a hideous blue but very good looking verses the other six. Could not get excited and I was an original deposit holder. I'm being very patient for the Rivian and Macan EV. At my age I don't want to be disappointed after the purchase. Thank you to all of the forums for insight.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-17-2019, 08:15 PM

If Audi doesn't improve, it will be easy for Mercedes and/or BMW to come along and scoop up demand.

I'll admit, the e-Tron SUV wasn't a great first start, but it was a start.
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-13-2019, 10:58 AM Thread Starter

Sales for the e-tron continued to drop for Audi in September as well.

Quote:
Audi e-tron sales in the U.S. have been constantly declining since the launch earlier this year and in September sales amounted to only 434.

Together with sales, also EV share out of the total Audi volume slipped a little bit from 2.8% in August to 2.7% in September.

Currently, the e-tron volume is around four times lower than the Tesla Model X (1,675 estimated), which is considered the closest comparable BEV.

After several months, Audi delivered 3,540 e-tron in the U.S. (compared to 13,725 Model X in the first nine months of 2019).

Hopefully soon Audi will reverse the trend and start expanding BEV sales.

https://insideevs.com/news/374641/au...-us-declining/
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-04-2019, 02:43 PM Thread Starter

It looks like in October Audi saw a rise in e-tron sales! Hopefully they continue to rise.

Quote:
The Audi brand had a strong month in the U.S., as sales increased over 19% to 19,172. However, plug-ins are still just a small part of the overall volume.

The all-electric Audi e-tron noted 462 sales, which is 2.4% of all Audi sales. It's a positive that e-tron sales improved from September, but they didn't increase by much. Hopefully, the e-tron will move up in the following months (quicker availability of $7,500 federal tax credit usually helps to increase plug-in car sales in the last months of a year).

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page