Launch delayed by 4 weeks - Audi E-Tron EV Forum
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-24-2018, 10:25 AM Thread Starter

Launch delayed by 4 weeks

Due to some software glitches and issues relating to battery prices, Audi has been forced to delay the E-Tron's launch by a month or so. LG Chem wants to increase their prices by around 10% due to the huge spike in demand for their batteries. This could mean that the delay could extend into the range of several months. https://driving.ca/audi/auto-news/ne...yed-four-weeks
post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-24-2018, 04:52 PM

Audi has nothing to worry about anyways because for a while they have been building up quite a bit of hype around the e-Tron and as far as I'm concerned its nothing like other EV's to come.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-25-2018, 10:31 AM

They aren't going to be the only automaker to see these kinds of delays due to battery acquisition. With the steep milestones that are being set across the industry, availability is going to get really tight.
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-26-2018, 05:13 PM

I sure hope that doesn't influence allocations because I'm really not interested in going dealership hopping and calling around to get my hands on one.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-29-2018, 10:44 AM Thread Starter

Most new premium EV's can only be ordered on line, so a dealer isn't really going to have any advantages to offer. We've seen just how badly delays can affect interest in Tesla's. I think it was estimated that 1 in 5 people cancelled their order on the Model 3.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-03-2018, 01:55 PM

In fact there is probably a good chance that a lot of automakers are going to be moving away from the conventional dealer model. One of the main turn offs when buying a new vehicle is struggling through all the negotiations involved in trying to get a fair incentive/deal.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-06-2018, 02:29 PM

IMO, destination based servicing is the way to go, much like how Tesla has a destination based charging network. Time is the bigger commodity and its one of few ways to optimize it for consumers.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-08-2018, 10:37 AM Thread Starter

There are already some online apps/ websites that are trying to redesign the car buying process. Not only do they provide dealer costs, but they also notify you of any available rebates and incentives and the car is delivered to your door for free. Have a look at Nowcar, Unhaggle or Carsdirect.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-09-2018, 08:47 PM

I'm looking forward to when that rolls out in full because every time I bought a car, new or used, going to the dealer was a rare occurrence, mostly for warranty jobs or dealer-only parts.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-01-2018, 01:45 PM

A lot of automakers wont even be providing test drive models at dealerships and newer electrics will be order only. I'm personally still not sold on buying a new vehicle sight unseen.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page