Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner

41 - 60 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
The car has excellent regeneration. I have it for only 2 weeks and Numerous times I have driven a stretch of 4-5 miles city driving and seem only 1 -2 mile used on GOM. Great regen and coasting as well has helped this. I guess being heavy low Centre of gravity helps achieve this

·
Registered
2019 Edition One
492 Posts
Yep. My best is 1 mile on GOM and 25 actual miles covered. Kind of extreme but that's the GOM for you..

·
Registered
785 Posts
The car has excellent regeneration. I have it for only 2 weeks and Numerous times I have driven a stretch of 4-5 miles city driving and seem only 1 -2 mile used on GOM. Great regen and coasting as well has helped this. I guess being heavy low Centre of gravity helps achieve this
I actually do think the low center of gravity helps with the mileage. I find myself being able to literally coast around a corner, rather than having to brake and accelerate, which is less efficient.

·
Registered
2020 etron 50 Black Edition
41 Posts
LOL, the weather in southern California is the climate for which Elon designed the Tesla and is the weather every other EV company wish existed worldwide. Generally, praises are few and far between regarding the accuracy of the Tesla GOM in other parts of the world. Audi had to face that head on, being based in Germany, and that largely explains why E trons are the number one EV in Norway!

One other thing you might check, is the State of Charge graph. When you have set your car to 100% max, after it tells you it is fully charged, is that also reflected as showing100% in the graph for the SOC? There have been some issues where the car will stop charging before reaching the set maximum.
Hi JNealCox - qu: could you tell me where the SOC graph is found? pls

·
Registered
785 Posts
Hi JNealCox - qu: could you tell me where the SOC graph is found? pls
A graphic (which some people do not find precise enough for some reason) is available as a display graph in the Cockpit Display. I use the E Tron style display and there, SOC graph, if selected, is shown as a simple bar graph. You can also go to MMI VEHICLE--CHARGING & EFFICIENCY--CHARGING. ( That is where you can set you charging target. ) It also gives you a numerical readout of your current SOC. You can set up this page as a shortcut for quick access--Press and hold on the "CHARGING" (on the Charging & Efficiency page) word until the three tiny boxes appear at the bottom of the screen. Press on the boxes to add it as a shortcut.

·
Registered
130 Posts
You can set up this page as a shortcut for quick access--Press and hold on the "CHARGING" (on the Charging & Efficiency page) word until the three tiny boxes appear at the bottom of the screen. Press on the boxes to add it as a shortcut.
RICH290, If making this a shortcut works for you when you try it I would be very interested. Let us know if you would be so kind.

·
Registered
8 Posts
When I got my e-tron the milage was bad, but after driving it for a few days it is now at 225 to 250 estimated when I get into the car in the morning. Today I drove almost 100 miles and when I parked it in my garage there was still 155 miles available. Cold weather and heat seem to reduce the milage the greatest.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Yesterday I drove 16 miles on local streets with 1 mile of range used. I drove with no AC, just the fan running, set the temp to 67, it was about 76 outside. Attempted it again today and used 12 miles of range, same AC setting, temp was 73 outside. I realized after I parked that my phone was charging, didn’t turn it the other way in the charging pad as I did yesterday. The vehicle does better around town when you have more chances for regeneration. Adds an extra 10 minute to my commute to take local roads, but can extend the range of the vehicle. Not bad.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks for your reply JNeCox!

yes, as stated in my post I set it to 100%.
The weather here in SoCal is pretty good, my Model S has no issues reflecting true range on my car. I had air condition turned off on the E-tron, getting 2.5 miles per kw is a pretty good result for an E-tron, so I’m just a bit surprised for losing that 22 miles (10%) without any reason.
I hope you are right about the “guess o meter”, however, as I mentioned my Model S never guesses, it’s on point, so I would expect similar from the Audi, especially full charged :) I understand they work differently, but seeing “199” on a vehicle that’s advertised as 221 is not comforting to see. Most consumers are not aware of such guess o meters... And nowhere does Audi brings it to our attention. A bit disappointed to be honest.

thanks again for your reply!
My experience with our eTron for first month (since 3/26) is that the “Guess 0 Meter” is an excellent indication of real miles achieved after it “learns” what your driving style and conditions are. For example, first trip up to our home at 6100’ from our home at sea level in SF Bay Area, the eTron adjusted the mileage achieved correctly to anticipate the mountain climb and give us a realistic indication of battery capacity all the way. Of course mountain climbing takes more energy per mile and it correctly compensated. As soon as we set navigation for “down the mountain” the meter re-calibrated and showed 100% was worth 230 miles - which proved about right as well. WIll it ever achieve the capacity of your S? Nope - not in the spec - but did i enjoy the trip more in the Audi then i did in our friends Tesla? You bet - i value luxury of distance so i am thrilled with the eTron.

·
Registered
267 Posts
A graphic (which some people do not find precise enough for some reason) is available as a display graph in the Cockpit Display. I use the E Tron style display and there, SOC graph, if selected, is shown as a simple bar graph. You can also go to MMI VEHICLE--CHARGING & EFFICIENCY--CHARGING. ( That is where you can set you charging target. ) It also gives you a numerical readout of your current SOC. You can set up this page as a shortcut for quick access--Press and hold on the "CHARGING" (on the Charging & Efficiency page) word until the three tiny boxes appear at the bottom of the screen. Press on the boxes to add it as a shortcut.
Holding down Charging does not set up a shortcut or menu for me. Maybe it's different with the 21s?

·
Registered
785 Posts
Holding down Charging does not set up a shortcut or menu for me. Maybe it's different with the 21s?
I just read on another thread that people with 2021's already have Charging set up as a shortcut, a default for the new MMI...don't recall exactly where the icon is.....upper left corner of upper display, or something like that. Try pressing all your displayed icons! That's why you can't set it up the regular way, even though you can set up the Efficiency page as one.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Just looked, damned if I can find it. I wonder if someone has a pix of where it's located. I tried every icon. As you say, I can set up Efficiency, but not Charging.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Your model s doesn't even try to reflect the true range on the car. It just looks at the percent charged and multiplies it by the epa estimate.
You’re correct: Model S multiplies % charged x EPA.
BUT, if you set in a navigation destination, it does a decent job of showing %remaining at destination. “Decent” job because it starts out very conservative. I’ve found that after about 10 minutes of actual driving, estimate goes up 6-10% and is very accurate for the rest of the trip.

·
Registered
33 Posts
driving this gentle beast for about 1 months and has hands on learned a lot about the range. it all comes down to temperature outside and how you drive. if you are gentle and do a lot of coasting/ regen in city driving, you will cover 5-6 mile with may be 1-2 miles GOM used. however moment you are on highway, the GOM range drops quickly. I have been consistenly able to get 2.8 -2.9 kwh city driving and 2.2-2.4 kwh highway driving. overall i am happy with the range. Just need to do some simple pre calculation day ahead of how much range you will need. thats the only part I miss about ICE as you can refill tank anytime, anywhere.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Getting 1 mile of range used for 16 miles of driving is a good thing. This vehicle certainly does better around town if you are driving economically and yes, outside temps not requiring the AC also helps. It would have been nice if the 222 range was in high or low temps with AC or heat in use. My Optima hybrid can beat the rated range by a lot, if I drive economically. I’ll have to see if I can beat the range on my daily commute.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Just looked, damned if I can find it. I wonder if someone has a pix of where it's located. I tried every icon. As you say, I can set up Efficiency, but not Charging.
Lucken, I happened across that entry again (on the AudiWorld Forum--posted by Haveitall, 4/23/21 in the thread
"Saving Shortcuts on Top of Bottom Screen" )
about the Charging shortcut for 2021 MY. Here is all he says:
"I also figured out that 'charging' is already a shortcut (at least for me) at the very top left of the upper screen. So I did add efficiency to shortcuts, but not charging (because it doesn't work, and already exists!)".

41 - 60 of 61 Posts