Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sam CarLegion put together an interesting review of the e-tron with the Jaguar I-Pace. While their both electric SUVs it's clear from watching this that the e-tron is the more practical choice as a family vehicle while the I-Pace is the choice for those that want a sportier option.

Here are some of the highlights from the video.
- The I-Pace has a higher range than the e-tron but the e-tron is a bigger and heavier vehicle (377km on a 90kW battery vs. 328km on a 95kW battery).
- The e-tron offers more trunk and cabin space than the I-Pace. It also includes a spare tire while the I-Pace doesn't.
- The e-tron has better brakes than the I-Pace.
- The I-Pace has a faster 0-60 time (4.8 seconds vs. under 6 seconds).

·
Registered
331 Posts
I'm skeptical about the Jag, smaller dealer network for such a new vehicle won't end good.
Audi has a better support network.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Jaguar's have historically had electrical problems and here the I-Pace is a fully electric vehicle. Not sure what to think about that.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Slight thread resurrection.... I've got one of each. Had the iPace for a year, just added an eTron 55 to the household :) Be interesting to see how they compare.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Well, we got our eTron 55 in 'Sport' trim a couple of days ago, so a two-EV family. It's a very different animal to the iPace.

Had to do a quick 30 mile test drive just to make sure it's OK... Average energy consumption on the test drive (mix of M11 motorway, A roads, B roads, town) was 38.5 KWh/100m or 2.6 miles/KWh. Not at all bad. And the GOM was reading 186 fully charged. So that's less good given that it's a 55 (95KWh battery)...
:( Assume it will improve as usage stats settle down. At an average of about 2.5 miles/KWh we should get a usable range of say 200-210 with 10% spare.

Initial comparisons with the iPace... eTron is quieter; much more spacious especially in the back; offers better visibility; very comfortable; seats feel very good; bigger boot. eTron turning cicle much better. Brake pedal 'feel' is completely normal unlike the spongy, squeaky pedal in the Pace. But the Audi is a lot slower off the mark and through the range; feels a lot less involving to drive even in Dynamic; mid range acceleration nothing like the iPace.

Infotainment navgation / screens / menus etc is much snappier in the Audi. The iPace sluggish Infotainment is fixed in the new MY21 car.

Audi App seems even more flaky and unreliable than the Jaguar one.

There are other detail differences eg 'human interface', touch screens etc. And the spec level is different between the base eTron and the HSE iPace so that's maybe a bit unfair to comment on kit levels.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts