Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi - I have a 2019 etron with less than 15,000 miles, I noticed that my charge is not coming close to 200 miles. I have heard from my dealership that other owners are having issues as well. Anybody else having this problem?

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Hi - I have a 2019 etron with less than 15,000 miles, I noticed that my charge is not coming close to 200 miles. I have heard from my dealership that other owners are having issues as well. Anybody else having this problem?
Have your verified that your Charging Limit is set to 100% in the MMI? I've only been charging my 2019 to 80% lately, but it is coming in at about 160mi...exactly what it should be.

Has there been a significant change in weather or driving habits? The miles estimated by the GOM (Guess-O-Meter) factor in a lot of things when estimating the mileage.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Could be linked to the cold weather
It is a known fact that EVs lose about 20 percent of the range in winter
Should be better now that the spring is here

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hi - I have a 2019 with less than 15,000 miles, I noticed that my charge is not coming close to 200 miles. I have heard from my dealership that other owners are having issues as well. Anybody else having this problem?
I have an Etron 2019 55.
Cold weather has an extreme influence and of course also style of driving and long distances or most of the time short distances has a negative effect. I drive majority of time with airco off (only on at the beginning of a trip) I reach in summer time 230-240 miles. So GOM is key. Put also regenerative breaking on automatic!

·
Registered
428 Posts
I’d like to see a controlled test of range between ‘auto’ regenerative braking and ‘manual’ at the highest regenerative setting. I had it in manual yesterday at the highest setting and I seemed to be doing very well.

·
Registered
2019 Edition One
795 Posts
With temperatures even in the dead of winter, I get about 165-160 miles of range at 80% charge. With temperatures going up, I am showing 170-175 miles at 80% marker. A lot seems to depend on where the car is parked (garage versus outdoors), your driving style (since it is all just guestimate), and battery state (charge cycles, charge depth, etc.).

·
Registered
2020 etron 50 Black Edition
57 Posts
I might be stating the obvious but the GOM is driven (excuse the pun) by the average mileage efficiency you're achieving. So if you're driving at 3mi/kWh then you're going to get 3 x XX kWh - depending on whether you have a 71 or 93 KWh battery. (also as many have siad the car comes with only 80% set as max charge ) I set mine to 100% so I can see what I really have. And with a 50 (71kWh battery) and around 2 -2.3 mi/kWh I charge up to 164ish miles on 100% charge - which is about right .

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
I might be stating the obvious but the GOM is driven (excuse the pun) by the average mileage efficiency you're achieving. So if you're driving at 3mi/kWh then you're going to get 3 x XX kWh - depending on whether you have a 71 or 93 KWh battery. (also as many have siad the car comes with only 80% set as max charge ) I set mine to 100% so I can see what I really have. And with a 50 (71kWh battery) and around 2 -2.3 mi/kWh I charge up to 164ish miles on 100% charge - which is about right .
Do you charge to 100% all the time? That is not good for the battery.

·
Registered
360 Posts
How detrimental is it? Especially if you are leasing anyway :D LOL would you see a dramatic drop in performance in 6 months, 12 months, couple of years ?

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
A lot of work is going into developing ways of assessing battery health in used cars. In the not too distant future it will affect the resale value. If you lease, for now you are off the hook! You will just go walking around burdened by that heavy sense of guilt you have knowing what a terrible EV driver you are.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Just an update on my Etron.... I think this is more of an issue than Audi wants to admit. At least one of my battery cells is depleted. I have to wait for a new one to be installed, and then the dealer will have to test it to see how much mileage increased. Then, if it isn't sufficient, I have to do the process all over again. It would be nice if they just replaced all of them.... considering I have less than 15k on my car. That's way too soon for even one cell to burn out.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Just an update on my Etron.... I think this is more of an issue than Audi wants to admit. At least one of my battery cells is depleted. I have to wait for a new one to be installed, and then the dealer will have to test it to see how much mileage increased. Then, if it isn't sufficient, I have to do the process all over again. It would be nice if they just replaced all of them.... considering I have less than 15k on my car. That's way too soon for even one cell to burn out.
That is early, but manufacturing defects happen. Hopefully they are giving you an equivalent loaner while they have your car. Reading over threads in the past, it seems that Audi is limited in what kind of battery health issues it can diagnose in detail. You would expect they should be able to readily identify what cells are bad. The way cells are linked together must make it difficult to individually analyze cells?

·
Registered
428 Posts
Jaguar's I-Pace is able to give you a detailed report on each of the 36 cells and gives it to you as percentage going from 0-100%.

·
Registered
2019 Audi eTron Prestige, 2019 Audi eTron Premium Plus, 2019 Audi Q5 Premium Plus, 87 Saleen Mustang
206 Posts
my eTron is in service and they finally started work: 80% @ 147 -> 184 max. Not great.

Shall see what they say.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Jaguar's I-Pace is able to give you a detailed report on each of the 36 cells and gives it to you as percentage going from 0-100%.
my car has been in service for almost a month. Good thing I have a loaner. At least one of the cells is bad, so they had To replace it. They thought I would get it back this week, I haven’t heard from them so I’m thinking they may have to order another one. Wonder how they will compete with so many cars doming out that get higher milage.

·
Registered
428 Posts
my car has been in service for almost a month. Good thing I have a loaner. At least one of the cells is bad, so they had To replace it. They thought I would get it back this week, I haven’t heard from them so I’m thinking they may have to order another one. Wonder how they will compete with so many cars doming out that get higher milage.
They’ll do fine if the prospective buyer has ride quality and quietness on the top of their list.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts