Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In 16 months of ownership, my 2019 e-tron Prestige spent 7 months either in the shop or incapacitated. So last week Audi of America repurchased it under the California Lemon Law. It was a bittersweet goodbye, because I LOVED the car when it worked, but eventually couldn't deal with how often it didn't work. I got tired of going to the car in the morning and finding a new error (charger safety recall, Twin Blue Screen of Death, automatic headlights always on, doors not opening when the ignition was on, taillight strip blinking, Alexa not working, and so many others). I think Audi launched it a year or two too soon, and I hope they've learned from their mistakes. Let's hope the 2021 e-tron SUV and e-tron Sportback are as trouble-free as the other Audi I own (an A3 e-tron). I hope everyone here has a MUCH better experience with their e-tron than I did with mine.

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
It definitely sounds like you got a lemon, but at least Audi made it right (eventually). Early adopters of new technology or even the first model year after a new redesign will often have to deal with the most bugs. Although to be fair, that can happen with any vehicle, regardless of how long it's been around.

I actually went through a lemon buyback on another vehicle many years ago. Just another ICE vehicle that was likely built on a Friday before a long weekend! I spent more time in loaners than driving the vehicle. Still a nice vehicle, but gotta move on.

So far, only minor and fixable issues with my 5/19 E-Tron. We'll see how it goes!

·
Registered
19 Posts
I am in the process of returning my 2019 eTron Prestige as well. It spend about 6 weeks in the shop over 7 months time. Audi is buying mine back and, like ioannisk, I LOVE many aspects of the eTron but it was launched at least two years too early in my opinion. There is incredible potential in this vehicle and I hope Audi can get the bugs worked out -- just not on my dime! :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Can you provide the VIN number? Is this a early model?
In 16 months of ownership, my 2019 e-tron Prestige spent 7 months either in the shop or incapacitated. So last week Audi of America repurchased it under the California Lemon Law. It was a bittersweet goodbye, because I LOVED the car when it worked, but eventually couldn't deal with how often it didn't work. I got tired of going to the car in the morning and finding a new error (charger safety recall, Twin Blue Screen of Death, automatic headlights always on, doors not opening when the ignition was on, taillight strip blinking, Alexa not working, and so many others). I think Audi launched it a year or two too soon, and I hope they've learned from their mistakes. Let's hope the 2021 e-tron SUV and e-tron Sportback are as trouble-free as the other Audi I own (an A3 e-tron). I hope everyone here has a MUCH better experience with their e-tron than I did with mine.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Can you provide the VIN number? Is this a early model?
I am in the process of returning my 2019 eTron Prestige as well. It spend about 6 weeks in the shop over 7 months time. Audi is buying mine back and, like ioannisk, I LOVE many aspects of the eTron but it was launched at least two years too early in my opinion. There is incredible potential in this vehicle and I hope Audi can get the bugs worked out -- just not on my dime! :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am getting very close to getting rid of my e-tron after 5 months of ownership. It’s been one problem after another on a car that I bought because I thought it’s reputable brand name meant it would NEVER be in the shop. It’s still under warranty but how much would I be paying down the road to keep repairing every new thing that breaks? Just completely lost my trust, but unsure where to go next. So. Haven’t made a final decision yet.
Good luck with your e-tron buyback. If this current problem happens again I will qualify for lemon law, so I’ll be back asking you all about that process. 😫

1 - 7 of 7 Posts