Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone -- very experienced Audi owner here (A3, A4, S3...), but now I'm looking to get an e-tron. Here's the two cars I'm looking at:

Both are Technik trim... and warranty has been extended on the 2019 model to match the warranty on the new 2021 model.

Option 1) 2019 - $78K, 15,000km
Option 2) 2021 - $110K, 0km (brand new)

I'm leaning towards Option 2 but have done a lot of reading on the SOH/SOC for EV vehicles, and I'm not sure how to know if the batteries have degraded too much on the 2019 model. I don't know the driving habits, etc. of the previous owner, but was a dealer demo.

I'd love to save a load of $$$ and get Option 1 which is a savings of $36K (includes taxes)... is it worth it? Thoughts?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi there James, I got a second hand 2021 instead of opting for another 2020, also second hand. I would say that there's no great improvement or degradation in terms of the performance of the battery, I read somewhere that model 2022 will have a substantial improvement in the battery range.
Between your options: 2019 with 15,000 km or a brand new, my decision would be based on the color, also note that the new one might not have wireless charging due to chip shortages, also this one uses USB Type C connectors. I would recommend you to get the one you like the most, if 2019 has a nice color, you would be saving a chunk of money, if an acceptable color, I would opt for it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for your feedback. I lucked out finding a used 2021 with the color and trim that I wanted with only 255km on it!!!

I get it Wednesday. Can't wait!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts