Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all,

i test drove the 2019 E-Tron and the residual value on prestige is around 39K after 36 months?
does that make sense considering the trade in value right now is at 52-53K at carmax. That's potentially 14K loss in 3 years. Kindly share your thoughts

Got offered 58K after $7500 credit and 2K loyalty with 15K off of MSRP... anybody got any better price on a prestige?

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
hello all,

i test drove the 2019 E-Tron and the residual value on prestige is around 39K after 36 months?
does that make sense considering the trade in value right now is at 52-53K at carmax. That's potentially 14K loss in 3 years. Kindly share your thoughts

Got offered 58K after $7500 credit and 2K loyalty with 15K off of MSRP... anybody got any better price on a prestige?
Hi there and welcome to the forum!

I guess you're just checking for potential future resale? Of course, since this is a new model for 2019, you won't really know what they're worth after 3 years until that time has come and you get an offer from a dealer. Although considering it's a luxury vehicle, if it had enough miles on it, and typical low trade-in offers you get from a dealer, I wouldn't be surprised. I'm sure it's on the low side, but I'd also expect it's about what you'd see for most vehicles in this class.

As for the offer, based on what others have reported, that sounds like a great deal for an ~82k MSRP sticker. I don't recall seeing anything better than that recently. And certainly far better than you'll get on a comparable Q7/8.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thank you omegafiler for the quick response. I am trading in my 18 SQ5 and hence was trying to calculate my depreciation in advance. The lease numbers are around a $1000 a month.
Did they make too many of the e-Tron or did the pandemic stall all the sales. There seems to be around 300 or so of the 2019
New ones remaining

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
thank you omegafiler for the quick response. I am trading in my 18 SQ5 and hence was trying to calculate my depreciation in advance. The lease numbers are around a $1000 a month.
Did they make too many of the e-Tron or did the pandemic stall all the sales. There seems to be around 300 or so of the 2019
New ones remaining
I think for the e-tron its a combination of factors. When they first launched, there were no deals, full sticker. And big complaints were the range and limited charging network. Which scared off a lot of buyers. Then the pandemic certainly didn't help anybody.

Plus, I'm sure if ask your friends what they think of the E-Tron, they'll have no idea what you're talking about. Hah. It'll take some time and improvements before E-Tron goes mainstream and starts hitting big sales numbers.

But now, with massive discounts, its kind of a steal for what you get. If you're OK with the range and can deal with some growing pains with the charging network, its a heck of a deal.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Seems like a decent price - mine was a little over $83K MSRP and got it for $57,500 (not including Audi loyalty which would have been another $2K). Your lease payment sounds very high - mine is $658 for 24 months and 12K miles/yr. My residual is just under $44K, but I will definitely be buying the next cool thing at that point.

·
Registered
10 Posts
hello all,

58k includes taxes or is it plus taxes? Not for a purchase since I leased and the numbers could be different. But less than a month in, if I want to buy out from Audi Financial I can buy it out for 54k all in for a Prestige with 83k msrp. Sometimes its cheaper to lease because of lease cash and then buyout from Audi Financial. Worth exploring if you want to buy. I am on the fence so did not pull the trigger to buy.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Seems like a decent price - mine was a little over $83K MSRP and got it for $57,500 (not including Audi loyalty which would have been another $2K). Your lease payment sounds very high - mine is $658 for 24 months and 12K miles/yr. My residual is just under $44K, but I will definitely be buying the next cool thing at that point.
Mine was the exact same...probably MSRP was closer to 84k. Lease is 659 with first month payment and nothing else down.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi there and welcome to the forum!

I guess you're just checking for potential future resale? Of course, since this is a new model for 2019, you won't really know what they're worth after 3 years until that time has come and you get an offer from a dealer. Although considering it's a luxury vehicle, if it had enough miles on it, and typical low trade-in offers you get from a dealer, I wouldn't be surprised. I'm sure it's on the low side, but I'd also expect it's about what you'd see for most vehicles in this class.

As for the offer, based on what others have reported, that sounds like a great deal for an ~82k MSRP sticker. I don't recall seeing anything better than that recently. And certainly far better than you'll get on a comparable Q7/8.
VW groups EV onslaught will continue and they will produce more variants and push EVs but unless they increase range or/and reduce price people will not buy. With the current discounts e-tron is very compelling. Without discounts its not a good buy. If I cannot lease a Prestige Q8 for 650 but was able to get a Prestige e-tron which is very close in class to Q8. My theory is even after three years an e-tron has to be priced cheaper than a three year old Q7/Q8 similarly equipped and similar miles. Unless someone is keen on emissions/electric there is no advantage of e-tron over a Q7/Q8 new or used due to its low range. So if three year old Q8s go for 50k then 45k residual for an e-tron will hold good, but if Q8/Q7 are 40k, e-tron would have to be lower than that and it will be worth maybe 35-40k.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
VW groups EV onslaught will continue and they will produce more variants and push EVs but unless they increase range or/and reduce price people will not buy. With the current discounts e-tron is very compelling. Without discounts its not a good buy. If I cannot lease a Prestige Q8 for 650 but was able to get a Prestige e-tron which is very close in class to Q8. My theory is even after three years an e-tron has to be priced cheaper than a three year old Q7/Q8 similarly equipped and similar miles. Unless someone is keen on emissions/electric there is no advantage of e-tron over a Q7/Q8 new or used due to its low range. So if three year old Q8s go for 50k then 45k residual for an e-tron will hold good, but if Q8/Q7 are 40k, e-tron would have to be lower than that and it will be worth maybe 35-40k.
Very good analysis..
i bought my 2018 SQ5 for 58K Prestige and now they are offering me 44K after 35 months.. not bad huh

·
Registered
10 Posts
Very good analysis..
i bought my 2018 SQ5 for 58K Prestige and now they are offering me 44K after 35 months.. not bad huh
Wow thats very good residual. What was the MSRP of the SQ5? I have a 2018 S5 (its 24 months old now) that I purchased for 60k and hoping to get 45k trade in 6 months, but I dont think sedans retain that much value.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wow thats very good residual. What was the MSRP of the SQ5? I have a 2018 S5 (its 24 months old now) that I purchased for 60k and hoping to get 45k trade in 6 months, but I dont think sedans retain that much value.
it was 64K.. yes the SQ5 is in high demand for some reason.. that's why i feel i should sell it right now before it drops in value.. but who knows maybe it won't drop with all the allocations on the 2021 and the fact Audi raised the MSRP on the 21's

·
Registered
12 Posts
That’s a very good deal. I bought my ETron back in June and paid 59k including fed tax credit and 2k loyalty for PREMIUM PLUS. If you buy, you’ll love it unless every trip you do is over 200 miles. They also paid more for my trade than any other dealer so I have to consider that. Also have them go ahead and fix the taillight, only a matter of time before it becomes faulty.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I picked up an 83500 prestige in SoCal a couple weeks ago. DAS was just drive offs, I.e no cap reduction and I’m paying 465/mo including tax. 1000/mo sounds outrageously high.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I think trying to predict true residual value on the car is a bit of a crap shoot. Like others here, I leased my 2019 Prestige. I was surprised at how little difference there was between monthly lease payments and the monthly payments if I financed a purchase. Basically, I was told that Audi really didn't know how well these cars would go over. Considering the rapid changes in the EV market, Audi was concerned that in the final analysis it could end up with a bunch of EV's that nobody wanted.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I think trying to predict true residual value on the car is a bit of a crap shoot. Like others here, I leased my 2019 Prestige. I was surprised at how little difference there was between monthly lease payments and the monthly payments if I financed a purchase. Basically, I was told that Audi really didn't know how well these cars would go over. Considering the rapid changes in the EV market, Audi was concerned that in the final analysis it could end up with a bunch of EV's that nobody wanted.
I agree. Well they will definitely have mine - I went in planning to rent the car. I know there will be something else I will prefer in 24 months.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
How much more can it drop though. These features are in 80K car range. Look at the q7 and q8
I don’t foresee lower than 35k in 36 months. But who knows

·
Registered
9 Posts
How much more can it drop though. These features are in 80K car range. Look at the q7 and q8
I don’t foresee lower than 35k in 36 months. But who knows
It's going to be impossible to guess, like you said. This is a new age for the automobile, there are so many new pure EVs coming out in the next 2 years that I personally think that by 2022 any range under 300 miles will just not carry the same weight any more. I moved from 325 miles on my Model 3 to 204 on my e-tron now. I can deal with it as I've been driving EVs since 2012, so I understand how to plan for a longer trip when needed. But there is no way I would have done that at $83K - I would have just gone down the Model Y path. So picking up a used e-tron with 204 miles (could be less in 2 years from battery degradation) maybe tough when there are so many other choices at 300 and higher.

Reactions: polyphonic

·
Registered
7 Posts
Purchased our E-Tron Prestige 8/22. MSRP $83,010 and paid $66,540 with tax credit to come. We considered leasing but lease rate for 36 months was over $1,000 per month. With 0% financing for 72 months available, it didn't seem reasonable to lease so we bought. This is our first Audi so no loyalty incentive applicable. Dealer did use the Costco program for a portion of the discount. So far, very happy with the way the car drives. We had an initial scare with the charging cable not disconnecting which hopefully has been fixed.

·
Registered
3 Posts
That’s a very good deal. I bought my ETron back in June and paid 59k including fed tax credit and 2k loyalty for PREMIUM PLUS. If you buy, you’ll love it unless every trip you do is over 200 miles. They also paid more for my trade than any other dealer so I have to consider that. Also have them go ahead and fix the taillight, only a matter of time before it becomes faulty.
Yup that’s right. I had taillight issues next day after purchase and go back while on uphill

1 - 20 of 30 Posts