Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I have a 2021 e-tron and have been looking for a wheel / tire combo for the winter here in UT. I found a set of used 2019 oem e-tron wheels model 4KE601025S. The Audi parts website says that they are not compatible with the 2021 e-tron, but from everything I have researched they are identical in size i.e. cneter bore, pcd, thread size etc. Does anyone know if there is a different reason that they might not be compatible?

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
I can't think of any reason why they should not be compatible. The 2021MY was really a pretty minor modification to the 2019MY. I recall Audi did make some modifications to the drive train, but that had more to do with improving coasting by modifying how the motors engage. That, a new MMI system, and relaxing the upper limit on battery charging capacity were pretty much the changes; otherwise, a 2021MY is basically the 2019MY. These are the Winter tires I purchased from Audi at the time I got my 2019 SUV.

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Light Product

·
Registered
238 Posts
A. It off topic, were those upgrades applied to the 2019 version? Or are they not something that can be done via software, except for switching out the MMI unit with a new one?

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
No, there were no retro-upgrades offered to the 2019 models. You would at least think that opening up the upper end of the battery capacity a little would be simple to do, but it was never offered. With the exception of the new MMI, Audi introduced the drivetrain and battery changes in the 2020MY. HOWEVER, in the Year of COVID, in the US Audi did not introduce a 2020 model (except for the Sportback concept, but in the US it was still peddled as a 2019, I think.) but stuck with the 2019 moniker, while in the EU there was an actual 2020 etron model line advertised and released. Toward the end of 2019 sales in the US, Audi was apparently shipping some "2019" models built with the newer 2020 parts. If you were lucky enough to get one of those late model 2019 cars, you might actually have gotten a 2019 etron with a bit more range than the original.

·
Registered
12 Posts
On the subject of software upgrades, and ignoring simple data sets like map upgrades, is anyone aware of Audi making over the air upgrades since the e-tron was first released? I suspect much of the popularity of Teslas is the frequent (several times a year?), significant and FoC improvements in this area. Surely every manufacturer of all electric vehicles would wish to be competitive in this regard?

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
No, Audi cannot do OTA updates, and at this point, given all the issues Audi has had with just the MyAudi app, I would not want them to! In a way, I'm glad I have a car where I know what I paid for, since the manufacturer cannot arbitrarily add and subtract features.

·
Registered
238 Posts
No, there were no retro-upgrades offered to the 2019 models. You would at least think that opening up the upper end of the battery capacity a little would be simple to do, but it was never offered. With the exception of the new MMI, Audi introduced the drivetrain and battery changes in the 2020MY. HOWEVER, in the Year of COVID, in the US Audi did not introduce a 2020 model (except for the Sportback concept, but in the US it was still peddled as a 2019, I think.) but stuck with the 2019 moniker, while in the EU there was an actual 2020 etron model line advertised and released. Toward the end of 2019 sales in the US, Audi was apparently shipping some "2019" models built with the newer 2020 parts. If you were lucky enough to get one of those late model 2019 cars, you might actually have gotten a 2019 etron with a bit more range than the original.
Thanks for the info. Had some folks asking about used versions. Battery life and warranty, plus cost and reliability is a major concern. With those of us with new versions experiencing issues, plus the range not being that great, these things worry folks thinking about going the EV route. Will pass the info along.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I called the Audi parts department in town to inquire about the wheels. His computer shows them as 2019 and newer compared to their website that just lists 2019 / 2020.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts