Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone is in the market for a new e-tron, you can get up to $12,000 in discounts.

CarsDirect gives a full breakdown of where you can get the discounts.

For starters, all e-trons are eligible for a $7,500 leasing bonus reflecting the full value of the federal EV tax credit. In addition, opting for the Premium Plus model can get you access to $2,000 in lease bonus cash. The range-topping Prestige trim features an even larger discount worth $3,000 for $10,500 in combined savings.

But that's not all. We just learned that Audi is offering a $1,500 Season of Audi Credit whether you plan to buy or lease through January 4. Under ideal circumstances, that can translate to as much as a $12,000 discount off MSRP. It's not every day that buyers can find double-digit savings on a 2021 Audi SUV.

For the e-tron sportback:

That said, offers on the e-tron Sportback are worth "just" $9,000 based on the $7,500 leasing bonus and $1,500 Season of Audi Credit. If you missed the chance to scoop up a 2020 e-tron, now may be a good chance to save. A special Costco deal involving Employee Pricing ended last month but excluded newer e-trons.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Yeah, this is nothing more than a roundabout way of saying "Here's a $2000 discount for Premium Plus or $3000 discount for Prestige trim from Audi on 2021 SUV models". They are attempting to sell the $7500 discount as something from Audi, which it isn't. This isn't just Audi; all EV makers spin it this way -- you just have to see it for what it is.

You should be able to knock another $10k or more off if you time it right.

I see a good deal structured this way:

$86k MSRP (Prestige Trim)
  • $15k between dealer negotiations and Audi discounts combined
  • $7.5k from Federal Tax credit
  • Down payment dollars (if any)
+/- Trade in credit or debit (depending on whether you're upside down or not on a trade-in or if you even have a trade-in)

At the minimum you should be able to knock $22.5k ($15k + $7.5k) off of MSRP. You mileage may vary.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I know that the ultra hefty discounts were available on the 2019, that's how we got ours. But I haven't checked to see if the 2021's are also receiving the sky high discounts that many of the 2019 customers have been able to receive. The 2019 customers had the $7,500, minimum 10% MSRP discount via Costco at the time, as well as upwards of $9K or so of marketing allowance that of course is up to the dealer on how much they're willing to pass through.

Are 2021's also receiving similar levels of discounting already??

·
Registered
24 Posts
@polyphonic I get that, but @blue_sign is trying to indicate that getting 22.5K in total discounting is possible, and this is a thread about the 2021.
To be clear, my example was hypothetical. It was what I would consider a good deal. I believe it will be possible to get close to around March, when Audi seems to want to discount their cars the most.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts