Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So are there any changes to the 2021 models? little twerks and tweaks? I read somewhere that the MMI system has been upgraded and is 10x more faster than the previous one. Not sure how true that is.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Put this in the other forum, but I'd share it here as well. Not sure about the MMI details. They added the entry Premium trim, they expanded usable battery capacity to bump range up to 222. And the Premium Plus and Prestige now have dual charge ports (one added on passenger side).

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
So are there any changes to the 2021 models? little twerks and tweaks? I read somewhere that the MMI system has been upgraded and is 10x more faster than the previous one. Not sure how true that is.
Regarding MMI, that is what I read and have posted about elsewhere. While I have not seen the E Tron explicitly mentioned in the early press releases by Audi regarding the MMI MIB 3, I came across this more recent article:

MIB 3 uses a new chipset and LINUX software, supposedly being 10x faster than MIB2. Also, Verizon is replacing AT&T as the car wifi provider (but no 5G capability).

·
Registered
2019 Audi eTron Prestige, 2019 Audi eTron Premium Plus, 2019 Audi Q5 Premium Plus, 87 Saleen Mustang
206 Posts
What is the differences between the different model years of e-tron · Issue #57 · etrondriver/etron-issues

Question: What is the differences between the different model years of e-tron

Answer:

MY2019 - > MY2020

Lidar radar is gone on 2020 model
It is possible to adjust charging target on 2020 models in app.
vin nr has a L as 10 digit for 2020 model example: WAUZZZGE0LB028888
MY2020 - > MY2020v2 (build week 49 2019)

Reduced top buffer. Available battery is increased from 83,6kWh to 86.5kWh
Some other hardware changes without any documented effect.
Also available as e-tron 50 with smaller battery
MY2020v2 - > MY2021 (August 2020)

vin nr has M as 10 digit for 2021 model example: WAUZZZGEXMB008973

Possible to order heated steeringwheel together with ACC

Upgraded MMI system. (changes in menus, more powerful)

Replaced USB A with USB C

Removed SIM input

1 - 5 of 5 Posts