Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Q4 40 e-tron gets an impressive 520 kilometers (323.1 miles) of range.

Audi:
Versatile all-rounders for everyday use that transfer the progressive design of the concept cars into series production and that can be driven locally without any emissions: The Audi Q4 e-tron and the Q4 Sportback e-tron are the first compact electric SUVs from the brand with the Four Rings.

Both of them impress with a new spacious dimension in the interior and pioneering solutions when it comes to operation, display, and assist systems. The augmented reality head-up display connects the virtual and the real worlds in a totally new way.

The range comprises three drive versions, spearheaded by a quattro model with a maximum output of 220 kW (299 PS)23. Attributes that they all share are zero local emissions driving and high ranges, charging times of around ten minutes for sufficient power to travel about 130 kilometers (80.8 mi) in ideal conditions (WLTP) and convenient charging with the e-tron Charging Service. The rear-wheel drive Q4 40 e-tron achieves a range of up to 520 kilometers (323.1 mi)in the WLTP cycle.

It goes on sale in Europe in June 2021, with prices in Germany starting at EUR 41,900 – where the customer can claim a subsidy of EUR 9,000 (net).

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Looks promising. The WLTP numbers tend to be really optimistic, but 320mi WLTP might mean 300 mi EPA (which have more closely matched my real life experience.) That's pretty good. Boosting total mi was something I had hoped the move to the MEB might accomplish!

·
Registered
428 Posts
I've read all of these press releases and it appears the higher range #s are for RWD, if I've been reading these things correctly. It's anticipated that the Quattro Q4 (AWD) will get an EPA range similar to the ID4. It has to since it uses the same battery with the same # of cells and will be heavier than the ID4. So it would actually be an achievement to simply match what the ID4 gets.

I'm also seeing no mention of air suspension in any of these.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I've read all of these press releases and it appears the higher range #s are for RWD, if I've been reading these things correctly. It's anticipated that the Quattro Q4 (AWD) will get an EPA range similar to the ID4. It has to since it uses the same battery with the same # of cells and will be heavier than the ID4. So it would actually be an achievement to simply match what the ID4 gets.

I see references to "adaptive" suspension.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts

Right you are! I just checked the ID.4 and it is also rated at 323 mi WLTP.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Right you are! I just checked the ID.4 and it is also rated at 323 mi WLTP.
It really makes you wonder why they bother with these absurd WLTP #s. They're always so overly inflated, they have no real meaning in the real world.

In other news, I'm really impressed with how accurate my GOM has been with my actual range. Just super happy with this car! Now if they can just fix those 5 minute charge ended alerts. ;)

·
Registered
428 Posts
Do you have the notification problem when you use the Audi provided charger, or is it just a problem between Audi and the ChargePoint Flex?
Never tried the Audi charger but others with the issue have, to no avail. So it’s unquestionably charger independent. Audi had acknowledged this to me too just today when I called earlier. They said the issue has been identified as the car transmitting incorrect information to the charger (any charger) that’s connected. So it’s encouraging they seem to understand what’s going on and are working on it. At least better than the typical, “We’ve never heard of that before” you get from many companies. ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts