Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been driving the etron about a month charging it exclusively at home using the Audi supplied charger cord. We had a new 50 amp, 240 volt circuit installed prior to car arrival. Yesterday upon starting the charge, the slowly pulsing white initialize LED on car did not turn green. Tried both ports, no change. Checked charger, it was on and green for 100%. Tried the 120v cord with charger, still did not start to charge.
We then took car to a DC fast charge station and it worked, car charged. Dealer had suggested trying this.
Had anyone had this problem?
Thanks

·
Registered
110 Posts
Try some public L2 charger - if yor car charges from it, then the issue is with either the outlet or your audi charger, otherwise it is an issue with the car

·
Registered
13 Posts
I had various charging problems like this a few months ago. They were fixed after the dealer did a software update. I could only trickle charge at home and no DC fast charging at EA.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi,

Tried public L2 charger did not work. I can do DC charging but no AC charging. I hope it is a software issue and not the car. Bringing car in on Monday.

Karen

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Sorry to hear that! Good luck. The last thing you want to have to deal with right now is a problem that requires a replacement part!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Update
ealer diagnosed onboard AC charger needs replacement. Part is now on order from Germany and we are limited to DC charging for the time being. At least we can drive it, dealer loaner car not available until February 11.
Thanks for all the advice and comments.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Update
ealer diagnosed onboard AC charger needs replacement. Part is now on order from Germany and we are limited to DC charging for the time being. At least we can drive it, dealer loaner car not available until February 11.
Thanks for all the advice and comments.
Good luck to you with the replacement
How long does your dealer anticipate it’ll take to get the replacement AC charger from Germany?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts