Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I placed an order for a 2022 RS e-tron GT on Jan. 6. I was just informed by my salesman on Friday March 18 that “Our sales meeting today confirmed vehicles without a production date will not be built for the 2022 year model line. Your E-Tron GTRS falls in that category so it will be a 2023 model. Because of this we will have to rebuild your order once the 2023 order guides are released. The year one package will change but Audi should do something very similar to that and it will be call something different.” Has anyone else heard this? Any idea when the 2023 option list will be released? I’m hoping to be at the front of the list, not the end of the list this time.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I placed an order for a 2022 RS e-tron GT on Jan. 6. I was just informed by my salesman on Friday March 18 that “Our sales meeting today confirmed vehicles without a production date will not be built for the 2022 year model line. Your E-Tron GTRS falls in that category so it will be a 2023 model. Because of this we will have to rebuild your order once the 2023 order guides are released. The year one package will change but Audi should do something very similar to that and it will be call something different.” Has anyone else heard this? Any idea when the 2023 option list will be released? I’m hoping to be at the front of the list, not the end of the list this time.
Ouch. Do you know if the status of your order was 0 (no production week scheduled) or 10 (tentative production week assigned but not confirmed)? The order for my GT (though quattro, not RS) went through on pretty much the same day as yours but haven't heard anything like this... yet.

·
Registered
515 Posts
2023 Options list should be around May/June 2022

Which Y1 options were you most interested in?

I'm sure The carbon Ceramic brakes will probably be a $10k option by itself. The 2022 Y1 is a relative bargain for what you get

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I had only been assigned a COMM# when I placed the order. Nothing changed from there to my knowledge. I had ordered the Y1 option, but mostly because it was easy. However after I placed the order, I was thinking of a lot of things I’d rather have like light colored leather interior and the glass roof. So I’m really not completely unhappy about having to wait on the 2023 MY. It gives me a chance to change the order, plus I’m hoping more options will become available like soft-close doors and maybe a few more miles per charge. It would be nice to be close enough to the first of the 2023 list that I’ll get the car before the end of the year.

·
Registered
515 Posts
I had only been assigned a COMM# when I placed the order. Nothing changed from there to my knowledge. I had ordered the Y1 option, but mostly because it was easy. However after I placed the order, I was thinking of a lot of things I’d rather have like light colored leather interior and the glass roof. So I’m really not completely unhappy about having to wait on the 2023 MY. It gives me a chance to change the order, plus I’m hoping more options will become available like soft-close doors and maybe a few more miles per charge. It would be nice to be close enough to the first of the 2023 list that I’ll get the car before the end of the year.
Are you thinking of alabaster white or diamond silver interior? There is too much black in the Y1 interior

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi Ps702! Probably alabaster white. It depends on what exterior color I change to. And you’re right, there too much black in the Y1 package. I’ve got lots of things I’m going to change, since I won’t have to be persuaded by the Y1 combo.

·
Registered
175 Posts
What you were told pretty much lines up with what I was told a couple of weeks ago. Any unscheduled builds have been canceled. I thought I was going to be in the same situation but my car got locked in and should be completed by the first week of April. If I were you I would try and get some clarity from your dealer my local dealerships (I socialize with the owners and managers of many dealerships) told me that they were told it might take as long as a year before they see any of these cars again.

·
Registered
515 Posts
What you were told pretty much lines up with what I was told a couple of weeks ago. Any unscheduled builds have been canceled. I thought I was going to be in the same situation but my car got locked in and should be completed by the first week of April. If I were you I would try and get some clarity from your dealer my local dealerships (I socialize with the owners and managers of many dealerships) told me that they were told it might take as long as a year before they see any of these cars again.
If you have a Comm#, but no build week, it gets pushed to MY2023?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Carnut- Did your car get built? You said it should be completed by the first week of April. Can you give us an update? Thanks!

1 - 20 of 70 Posts