Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
21 - 40 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I’m considering buying a 2022 e-tron GT demo as a “gap car” until my 2023 RS e-tron GT arrives. Since the gap car was a demo, I will have to buy it, not lease it. Is there a reason why this would be a bad idea (except for cost of course)? I’d appreciate some feedback.

·
Registered
507 Posts
I’m considering buying a 2022 e-tron GT demo as a “gap car” until my 2023 RS e-tron GT arrives. Since the gap car was a demo, I will have to buy it, not lease it. Is there a reason why this would be a bad idea (except for cost of course)? I’d appreciate some feedback.
Why won't you lease it?
Demos are fine if you can get a deal. It's new so all incentives are the same as a new car.
I believe you're in OR so new sales tax either which is incredible

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Why won't you lease it?
Demos are fine if you can get a deal. It's new so all incentives are the same as a new car.
I believe you're in OR so new sales tax either which is incredible
They said they wouldn’t lease it because it was a demo and is therefore considered “used”. It was titled already to the dealership. It’s got 1459 miles on it. I can get it “certified” for $1500, but if I’m only going going to have it until I get my 2023 RSGT, I‘m not sure how important that is. Same with buying the Audi Care…I might now need it for a year.

Here’s the window sticker -

Line Font Material property Parallel Pattern

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
They’re offering a $1500 discount off this price and a really good trade-in on my 10 yo BMW Alpina B7. I’m tempted to get this as a “gap car” until my 2023 comes in, since I expect that to be another year.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
I can't believe they titled it
You lose the $7500 tax rebate though.
That’s alright…I don’t sweat the small stuff anymore. I’m old, and my clock‘s ticking fast. I’ve been waiting almost four years for a new electric car starting with Lucid Motors, then Mercedes, and now Audi. I was disappointed with the Lucid & Mercedes. I want one now, while I continue the wait. This etron GT will tide me over until my “dream car” comes in. Plus I can begin my EV training before I miss the wave.…again.

·
Registered
343 Posts
That’s alright…I don’t sweat the small stuff anymore. I’m old, and my clock‘s ticking fast. I’ve been waiting almost four years for a new electric car starting with Lucid Motors, then Mercedes, and now Audi. I was disappointed with the Lucid & Mercedes. I want one now, while I continue the wait. This etron GT will tide me over until my “dream car” comes in. Plus I can begin my EV training before I miss the wave.…again.
Sure why not. You are also getting $2,500 less as that price was before the price increase.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I can understand the old (today I am even older) and not wanting to wait part and it took me until car #493 to finally accept the fact that EV’s are here to stay. I have bought demos before and only once (dealership needed to make a month) was the car already put into service. There might be another reason to go with a demo there are quite a few posts on here about little (and not so little) new car buggy issues hopefully they already dealt with any that car may have had.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
I can understand the old (today I am even older) and not wanting to wait part and it took me until car #493 to finally accept the fact that EV’s are here to stay. I have bought demos before and only once (dealership needed to make a month) was the car already put into service. There might be another reason to go with a demo there are quite a few posts on here about little (and not so little) new car buggy issues hopefully they already dealt with any that car may have had.
Great thinking Carnut. I’m going to be going over the car in detail and taking it for a much more extensive test drive on Wednesday, so I’ll be sure to check as much as possible. However even a “new” car can have those bugs. Many of the new EV’s have been recalled for various issues. But it’s so hard to get cars in general right now. Since my 2022 MY order that I placed in early January has now been delayed until the 2023 MY, I really have no idea when I’ll actually get that EV of my dreams. So this 2022 etron GT will be my gap car, until my 2023 GTRS arrives. Since I’ve never owned an EV before, I know I have a lot to learn. So these will be my “e-training wheels“. I’ll report back with more info later In the week.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Great thinking Carnut. I’m going to be going over the car in detail and taking it for a much more extensive test drive on Wednesday, so I’ll be sure to check as much as possible. However even a “new” car can have those bugs. Many of the new EV’s have been recalled for various issues. But it’s so hard to get cars in general right now. Since my 2022 MY order that I placed in early January has now been delayed until the 2023 MY, I really have no idea when I’ll actually get that EV of my dreams. So this 2022 etron GT will be my gap car, until my 2023 GTRS arrives. Since I’ve never owned an EV before, I know I have a lot to learn. So these will be my “e-training wheels“. I’ll report back with more info later In the week.
These are very nice training wheels and it will make you appreciate the increased power for the RS.

Have you thought of the spec on your 2023 RS?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
These are very nice training wheels and it will make you appreciate the increased power for the RS.

Have you thought of the spec on your 2023 RS?
Yes, I’ve been thinking about it a lot. My dealer has sent me a partial 2023 option sheet that he got from Audi. He said there’s more to come with pricing, etc. It’ll be a matter of replacing the Year One with other things. I’m hoping my exclusive Garnet Red will still be available. I’m pretty sure I want the glass roof (the 2022 etron GT has a glass roof) which will be an option of the 2023 RS. I’ll change the leather interior to white. I’ll be picking all the RS bells and whistles.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Yes, I’ve been thinking about it a lot. My dealer has sent me a partial 2023 option sheet that he got from Audi. He said there’s more to come with pricing, etc. It’ll be a matter of replacing the Year One with other things. I’m hoping my exclusive Garnet Red will still be available. I’m pretty sure I want the glass roof (the 2022 etron GT has a glass roof) which will be an option of the 2023 RS. I’ll change the leather interior to white. I’ll be picking all the RS bells and whistles.
I'm sure the color will be available. White leather would be sexy.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Are they getting soft close doors?
Here is the order guide for a 2023 RS, no prices yet but was told those will be available in about a month. No option for soft close doors. Not sure if this will be updated beyond prices but soft close doors would be a great option

Attachments

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Here is the order guide for a 2023 RS, no prices yet but was told those will be available in about a month. No option for soft close doors. Not sure if this will be updated beyond prices but soft close doors would be a great option
That’s the same one I got. Slight differences. Still waiting on any updates & prices to place my 2023 reorder. Thanks!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
That’s the same one I got. Slight differences. Still waiting on any updates & prices to place my 2023 reorder. Thanks!
Update: I have purchased the White etron GT Prestige. Based on recommendations on this website, I’m getting them to update all the software. Took a long test drive & walk around before making a decision. Met the owner, techniclans, home tech advisor, etc. etc. etc. It’ll be my “gap car” until my 2023 arrives hopefully later this year. Wish me luck!

·
Registered
507 Posts
Update: I have purchased the White etron GT Prestige. Based on recommendations on this website, I’m getting them to update all the software. Took a long test drive & walk around before making a decision. Met the owner, techniclans, home tech advisor, etc. etc. etc. It’ll be my “gap car” until my 2023 arrives hopefully later this year. Wish me luck!
Congratulations!
What were your driving impressions of the Prestige?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Congratulations!
What were your driving impressions of the Prestige?
Fantastic! Very smooth, very quiet, lots of acceleration (more than my BMW). I know nothing about the technology. They’re going to be sure everything is updated before I take delivery. Plus they have a tech that will come to my home to “train” me, and even program my garage door opener. And on a side note, the owner’s going to do non-warranty maintenance on my wife’s Bentley, thus saving us a 3 hour drive to the nearest dealer :)

21 - 40 of 70 Posts