Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
Looking at the 2023 window sticker, it looks like the high voltage battery warranty was reduced to 5 years / 60k miles in the US. Anyone hear about this?
All new EV's sold in the US must come with a minimum 8yr/100,000mi battery warranty. It's the law!

·
Registered
18 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
11 Posts
From the thread referenced, a seemingly informed comment.
8yr/80k on the ECU, ODB system, and catalytic converter plus 2yr/24k on anything that causes an emissions failure.

Most EVs try to meet this for the battery, but there is no requirement. California does have battery requirements and many states adopt the California requirements. AT-PZEVs must have 15yr/150k on the battery, but cars are not required to meet PZEV requirements (but it affects the manufactures ZEV credits)

Do you have a source for the federal requirement?

And CARB has their own list which is more representative of what manufacturers build to

California has an exception to set their own rules, and other states can elect to follow those rules. So most cars are built to CARB as it means the car can be sold in all 50 states, but the warranty might be a bit different

·
Registered
2023 Q4 50 e-tron Premium Plus, Black Optic
9 Posts
I took delivery of my 2023 Q4 e-tron 50 premium Plus on Monday. The window sticker says 5 years 60,000 miles warranty on the main battery. I’ll check the manual tomorrow. I faintly remember that it was stated as being longer somewhere in the paperwork.

·
Registered
27 Posts
The 8 year warranty isn’t on the Audi website. I found the information on the 8 year warranty on dealership webpage. Maybe Audi want to reduce claims on the battery so they make it harder to go through the warranty process.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I found this on the Audi Canada page. It says e-tron. That may only apply to the e-tron model and not q4-etron. Yikes. This is pretty shady of Audi to to reduce warranty while having confusing language on their site because 2 models have similar names.

The e-tron High-Voltage Battery and Battery Module are covered under the New Vehicle Limited Warranty for a period of 8 years or 160,000 km, whichever comes first, for defects in material and workmanship.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts