Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I really like the 2023 Q4 e-tron but unable to make a decision because of some of the basic tech safety / convenience features that are missing in the 2023 Q4 e-tron, regardless of trim and model. Please let me know if I have missed or misstated anything.

1. Home-link / Garage door button
2. 360 degree surround view camera
3. Speed limiter / auto speed adjust based on speed limit
4. One touch auto lane change when turn signal is turned on
5. Adaptive cruise traffic jam assist, stop and go traffic under 40 miles/hour
6. Apple CarPlay directions not integrated with HUD

·
Registered
96 Posts
1. Home-link / Garage door button
Just buy and install the (identical?) VW part for this. Costs about the same as what Audi was charging for it when it was (briefly) part of the configurator.

The surround view camera is definitely a bummer. And mmmzon is right, I haven't seen any car that puts CarPlay stuff on the HUD/dash screens.

The other stuff is 🤷‍♂️ for me. Sounds good, but I'm not sure how well it will work in practice. (And is any of it actually available outside of Tesla and SuperCruise?)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
BMW i series offers most of the above mentioned driving assist features as part of their Driving Assistance Pro package.

The surround view camera is definitely a bummer. And mmmzon is right, I haven't seen any car that puts CarPlay stuff on the HUD/dash screens.

The other stuff is 🤷‍♂️ for me. Sounds good, but I'm not sure how well it will work in practice. (And is any of it actually available outside of Tesla and SuperCruise?)

·
Registered
49 Posts
BMW i series offers most of the above mentioned driving assist features as part of their Driving Assistance Pro package.
i haven’t spent too much time looking at US pricing, but to get all the features I have in my Q4 w Technik package, I would need to spend $97517.80 CDN for an iX xdrive 40, compared to the $71k for the Q4. Yes the BMW has a lot more features like rear heated seats, cameras, more driving features etc, but pricing above hasn’t even looked at colours, wheel options etc.

I don’t think there is a comparison to be made when talking about a $25k price difference, at least in my market. It may be different in the US however.

and the Mercedes EQB 350? Again, has a few more driving safety features in their $3500 package, but for a similarly spec’d vehicle to the Q4, it’s $87,200. That too isn’t an insignificant price difference.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I tried ordering from Audi dealer’s parts department. I prefer the Audi part if available.
I think that’s the point… as Audi hasn’t had many if any Q4s delivered with that option, a compatible mirror isn’t something that is listed in the Audi parts catalog. If I recall correctly, the option was removed although a few early vehicles may have snuck through with that feature.

other than the VW part being slightly larger, which is probably good as many complain that the Q4 mirror is too small, it seems to match well. And 60-70-80-90% of the parts in VW / SEAT / Audi and even some Lambos are interchangeable. I think half the parts I’ve bought for my Audis through the years come in VW packaging from the dealer, with no Audi markings other than the part number.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I tried ordering from Audi dealer’s parts department. I prefer the Audi part if available.
There is no such thing as the Audi part. They only released it for the ID4.
But in general, I think you're a bit misguided. Most VW and Audis use largely the same parts. Look under the hood. The parts all say "VAG".
This is especially true on the Q4, which is almost completely the MEB platform that was developed by the VW part of VAG. Someone else posted a link recently about all the features of the MyAudi app that don't work on the Q4 and the explanation was that the MMI is not fully integrated into the MEB platform.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts