Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"Introduced for the 2022 model year in standard E-Tron GT and sporty RS E-Tron GT guises, Audi's electric sedan gets a standard body-color grille, a second charge port on the passenger's side, an integrated toll module in the rearview mirror, and a handful of other equipment changes.

The previously optional Bang & Olufsen audio system and 20-inch all-season tires are now standard, and a new 21-inch wheel design is an optional extra on the E-Tron GT Prestige trim level. The optional Executive Package adds LED interior lighting and heated rear seats, while the RS E-Tron GT gets a new option package with Anthracite brake calipers and 21-inch wheels."

not sure why they mentioned the second charge port as its already there for '22?

·
Registered
83 Posts
"Introduced for the 2022 model year in standard E-Tron GT and sporty RS E-Tron GT guises, Audi's electric sedan gets a standard body-color grille, a second charge port on the passenger's side, an integrated toll module in the rearview mirror, and a handful of other equipment changes.

The previously optional Bang & Olufsen audio system and 20-inch all-season tires are now standard, and a new 21-inch wheel design is an optional extra on the E-Tron GT Prestige trim level. The optional Executive Package adds LED interior lighting and heated rear seats, while the RS E-Tron GT gets a new option package with Anthracite brake calipers and 21-inch wheels."

not sure why they mentioned the second charge port as its already there for '22?
Where did u get this, if you don't mind me asking?

·
Registered
243 Posts

Most of the things are on the Year One Package.

The article actually said this:

"E-Tron GT: The electric sedan sheds the Hekla gray grille for a body-colored unit. Standard equipment is plumped up with a second charging port on the passenger's side, an integrated toll module, Bang and Olufsen 3D audio, 20-inch all-season tires and anti-theft lugnuts. The former summer tires are now a part of the Performance Package. The Prestige trim adds an optional 21-inch 10-spoke wheel package in "bi-color black" to replace the optional platinum gray wheels. The RS E-Tron GT comes with carbon atlas matte inlays for 2023, and can be optioned with a ceramic brake package with Anthracite calipers behind 21-inch 5-spoke concave wheels."

The RS GT Year One already has the second charging port, the toll module, the Bang and Olufsen sound, the matte carbon inlays inside the car. The Anthracite is simply a color right? Again the ceramic brakes are already on Year One.

·
Registered
259 Posts

Possible that while second charge port is standard for US GTs, it might not be elsewhere.
For example, heat pump is standard in US (and Canada, I think) but is an extra cost option in Europe.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Possible that while second charge port is standard for US GTs, it might not be elsewhere.
For example, heat pump is standard in US (and Canada, I think) but is an extra cost option in Europe.
I have gone through a European (Hungary) custom builder where everything is like Porsche à la carte and there is no option for the second charge port, it is standard on every GT/RS. Note that we could assume that they're talking about second DC charge port, however the DC charge port has always been on the passenger side to begin with, which is another indication that the passenger side is the primary side.

So yeah, this is a bit of a confusing wording and I have no idea who cooked it up.

·
Registered
83 Posts
My dealer says there is a very high probability that the prices for MY2023 will increase.

This is the new price increase for MY2023 Taycans for the US. EU prices also increased
They did go up by $2,500. Never mind that the Euro is crashing and the price should be going in the other direction...
Rectangle Font Parallel Screenshot Circle

Here are all of the price changes for MY2023:

·
Registered
125 Posts
I don't think blame is the correct word here. Things are getting more expensive and out of hand on some supplies. Never mind that the bulk of wiring harnesses were also coming from Ukrainian suppliers. Automotive logistics is a nightmare at the moment and hedging prices by setting MSRPs is pretty risky business.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
I have gone through a European (Hungary) custom builder where everything is like Porsche à la carte and there is no option for the second charge port, it is standard on every GT/RS. Note that we could assume that they're talking about second DC charge port, however the DC charge port has always been on the passenger side to begin with, which is another indication that the passenger side is the primary side.

So yeah, this is a bit of a confusing wording and I have no idea who cooked it up.
If the dual charging ports on the 2023 are anything like the ones Audi offers on the SUV/Sportback, then you will get dual L2 Charging ports. The HVDC charging outlet will be only in one of the ports.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts