Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
Looks like the red stitching, red seatbelts, and carbon fiber mirrors of the Y1 package did not make it into 2023 order options for the US. Makes me glad I got a 2022 Y1.
You can order car contrast stitching under exclusive now and in 2023. The solid red seat belts are only for Y1. Exclusive offers seat belts with a red stripe on the edges that's not even visible, a $1800 useless option.

Y1 is a bargain if you want all options.
Let's see how much the Carbon ceramic brakes will be as an option, but if you spec out Y1 now, it will be $1000 less and you don't get the CF mirrors or Carbon ceramic brakes.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Probably not. Practically speaking, ceramic brakes are less than optimal for daily driving since they perform best when they are up to the temperatures generated by aggressive driving. For typical street use, the brakes are generally not at a temperature where you’re going to see any real benefit. And, if you are going to buy/build a car for track use, the GT is pretty far down the list of cars you would want to take to the track for anything other than a curiosity run.

They do look cool and keep your wheels cleaner so there is that.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Probably not. Practically speaking, ceramic brakes are less than optimal for daily driving since they perform best when they are up to the temperatures generated by aggressive driving. For typical street use, the brakes are generally not at a temperature where you’re going to see any real benefit. And, if you are going to buy/build a car for track use, the GT is pretty far down the list of cars you would want to take to the track for anything other than a curiosity run.

They do look cool and keep your wheels cleaner so there is that.
Thanks, this confirms my assumptions and can do without

·
Registered
125 Posts
I wouldn't pay $7,100 for the ceramic brakes themselves but without ordering the package you can't get the 21" wheels on the RS either. I personally like those wheels but some might disagree with me on them and you may be better off spending the money on different wheels if that is what you're after. Note that a set of aftermarket 21" wheels plus tires will be a pretty significant outlay should you want to buy some yourself. The 21" tires are also 20mm wider front and rear which is a pretty sick look with the 305s on the rear.

With the 2023 pricing I feel pretty good about my Y1 package purchase, the red calipers, carbon mirrors, red contrast stitching and red seatbelts were well worth the money.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Hi! Do you happen to have the premium plus pricing guide by chance?
I don't think there is such a thing. Premium Plus is the base model for $104,900 and the Prestige package is an additional $6,400. I don't know why anyone would opt for one without the Prestige package, the ACC is a must have, so at the very least you'd add the $2,950 "Executive Package" and at that point you might as well spend the extra $3,450 on the aluminum door sills, head up display, remote park assist (have yet to work on mine yet) and the 360 degree camera system.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I don't think there is such a thing. Premium Plus is the base model for $104,900 and the Prestige package is an additional $6,400. I don't know why anyone would opt for one without the Prestige package, the ACC is a must have, so at the very least you'd add the $2,950 "Executive Package" and at that point you might as well spend the extra $3,450 on the aluminum door sills, head up display, remote park assist (have yet to work on mine yet) and the 360 degree camera system.
I'm talking the regular etron model with the premium plus added, i.e. not the GT.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Sorry i dont have the guide for the regular etron model, any dealership should be able to provide this to you though
You'd think, right? Below is the response I got today from my dealer. Upfront and transparent pricing Tesla does for any and everyone really shines in moments like this (talking to 6 dealers and getting 6 different pricing options). I just want MSRP, not looking for a locked in price. They are already at msrp or higher at some, so the answer doesn't make sense to me.

"July will be the opening for 2023 models including pricing! From what we’re told they’re going to MSRP so are gonna go up 6 to 12%"

Looking to price out etron premium with plus package, mythos black, brown, tow, etron beam, guard kit and destination for MY23 (have a hold on a 22 that's not 100% what I want and could wait maybe if the prices aren't much different).

·
Registered
515 Posts
Does anyone know why they doubled the price of the Audi Exclusive paint? I was going to order mine in Nardo but not for 7900
I'm sure it has to do with slowing down production time, then adding inflation to the mix.
Audi blocks off a time to batch build exclusive paint E-Tron GTs. This added 6 weeks to the build time with MY 2022

·
Registered
99 Posts
Here is the order guide, now including prices, for 2023.
Anyone have thoughts on if the Ceramic Brake Discs are worth it for the RS?
Having come from an RS7 with ceramics to an RS GT with carbid discs, I wish I’d opted for ceramics. The carbides are OK but high speed stopping is very sketchy with the weight they’re trying to haul down. If you just tootle around I’m sure you wouldn’t need them, if you wish to regularly exploit the potential of your RS I’d say they’re worth it.

That and the carbid brakes have started squealing like little piggies, never had that with ceramics.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Having come from an RS7 with ceramics to an RS GT with carbid discs, I wish I’d opted for ceramics. The carbides are OK but high speed stopping is very sketchy with the weight they’re trying to haul down. If you just tootle around I’m sure you wouldn’t need them, if you wish to regularly exploit the potential of your RS I’d say they’re worth it.

That and the carbid brakes have started squealing like little piggies, never had that with ceramics.
When you brake, you are mainly using regen to slow you down. When do you put a heavy load on the mechanical brakes?

·
Registered
159 Posts
Does anyone know why they doubled the price of the Audi Exclusive paint? I was going to order mine in Nardo but not for 7900
It will be much cheaper to get it wrapped in Nardo now: Super Gloss Nardo Grey

I was going to get an exclusive color as well but now will end up getting it wrapped the color of my choosing

21 - 40 of 41 Posts