Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
e-tron GT Quattro
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Does anyone know if the Audi OEM weels that come only on the RS in the UK will just fit the standard GT?

I know when I test drove the car they had 21" wheels on but when asked they are not an option.

I was thinking of buying some to replace the standard 20" wheels.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Based on some of the youtube reviews having the 20s helps range and noise reduction, one person said the GT Quattro he tested was much quieter than the RS he had tested earlier. Something to think about. In terms of designs I agree though, some more EV looking wheels would be great in a 20" option maybe, same tire etc. just a more aerodynamic design, the options on the quattro are very normal wheel ish, not necessarily a bad thing but a flatter wider spoke like the RS style might help extend range even just a couple of miles.

·
Registered
e-tron GT Quattro
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Based on some of the youtube reviews having the 20s helps range and noise reduction, one person said the GT Quattro he tested was much quieter than the RS he had tested earlier. Something to think about. In terms of designs I agree though, some more EV looking wheels would be great in a 20" option maybe, same tire etc. just a more aerodynamic design, the options on the quattro are very normal wheel ish, not necessarily a bad thing but a flatter wider spoke like the RS style might help extend range even just a couple of miles.
Yes I agree totally they are just a bit plain I think the standard wheels. Do you know if I can just switch them for 21" with no issues from a fitting perspective?

·
Registered
183 Posts
@Bakus Don't know for sure but they are the same car so I imagine the extra width on the RS Style wheel can be accommodated, it would come down to the offset and where the extra 20mm of width is, it could mean that the wheel/tyre sticks out of the arches 10mm for example. Worth asking a dealer.

·
Registered
62 Posts

·
Registered
e-tron GT Quattro
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That colour is amazing, was that a special order or did you have it wrapped? Do you have a picture of the front? I'd be interested is seeing a GT with just the grill in black and the rest of the car in a single colour.

Thanks for the reply definately gonna get some 21" wheels I think as has been stated here the 20" are just too plain.

Actually it is the 21" in your original wheels that I'm gonna buy to replace the 20" ones.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Looks like a wrap to me.

The fact that people are considering changing thei wheels for aftermarket ones proves just how messed up Audi's standard choices of wheels for this othrwise beautiful car have been. Whoevere paased those basic wheels for fitment on the Etron GT (and which have been around for a decade on ICE Audis) should be fired.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi

Does anyone know if the Audi OEM weels that come only on the RS in the UK will just fit the standard GT?

I know when I test drove the car they had 21" wheels on but when asked they are not an option.

I was thinking of buying some to replace the standard 20" wheels.
They definitely will. In Canada the 21" are an option on the GT and that's what I have on mine for now. 21" Vossen HF-4T coming.
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
e-tron GT Quattro
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Wheel Automotive tire Hubcap Motor vehicle Alloy wheel

I managed to get some that have had the decals removed so all black, gonna replace these with the standard alloys that come with the GT quattro.

I think you can only get these in the UK on the RS vorsprung and above.

Personally I think they look cleaner without the fussy lines.

·
Registered
515 Posts
View attachment 3067
I managed to get some that have had the decals removed so all black, gonna replace these with the standard alloys that come with the GT quattro.

I think you can only get these in the UK on the RS vorsprung and above.

Personally I think they look cleaner without the fussy lines.
The silver lines were decals, not painted?

Is it remaining silver triangles part of the wheel or are they screwed in a separate pieces? Do you think they can be removed?

In the US these are part of the Year One option only.

·
Registered
515 Posts
I think there it may look a little strange as there are a few holes, two for the clips and one for the screw to secure per panel.

I was thinking of wrapping them in carbon fibre to see how they look.

May look better being all black.
My thought was to Powder coat, but after how you did them, it would be possible to wrap them in black.

Carbon fiber would look nice too if the weave matches the rest of the CF on the car.

·
Registered
e-tron GT Quattro
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The silver lines were decals, not painted?

Is it remaining silver triangles part of the wheel or are they screwed in a separate pieces? Do you think they can be removed?

In the US these are part of the Year One option only.
Right, got you the decals have been removed and the wheels powder coated. Yes the triangles can be removed but the holes will be visible I'll try and take a picture

·
Registered
e-tron GT Quattro
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
My thought was to Powder coat, but after how you did them, it would be possible to wrap them in black.

Carbon fiber would look nice too if the weave matches the rest of the CF on the car.
The inserts I think can be wrapped in whatever colour. They can be removed the wheel stripped and powder coated in colour of choice.

The inserts can be reattached as is, or what I'm thinking is try and wrap them in either satin black or carbon. If it does not take or looks rubbish I can just remove the wrap.

·
Registered
e-tron GT Quattro
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I think there it may look a little strange as there are a few holes, two for the clips and one for the screw to secure per panel.

I was thinking of wrapping them in carbon fibre to see how they look.

May look better being all black.
I've removed one of the fins so that you can see how it would look, and as you can see it does not look great. The fin is actually L-shaped in piano balck with an additional insert in aluminium covered plastic.

Bicycle tire Crankset Automotive tire Motor vehicle Hood

1 - 20 of 91 Posts