Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For anyone that has already purchased the GT, have you been able to take advantage of the 3 years of free charging at Electrify America stations? In the myaudi app, I am only given the option to unlock 1,000 kwh of credits (not 3 years) and then get an error message each time I go to unlock credits. I called the etron department and they asked me to send the Audi Media announcement as they weren't aware of the 3 years free charging and wanted to take to management. Said in the meantime to call Electrify America if I need to charge and have them turn it on for me so I dont get charged. My electrician won't be able to install my Home Charging Unit for a couple weeks. Sounds like a disconnect between Audi Corporate and actually making sure this works at the stations and through the app. My dealership said they would look into for me as well but wanted to see if anyone experienced the same thing?

·
Registered
2019 E-tron Prestige, Edition One
1 Posts
I purchased a used 2019 E-tron earlier this year and I was able to transfer over the remaining Electrify America credits to me. I have 3 years to use the remaining credits. You might want to look at the fine print on that offer.

·
Registered
245 Posts
I purchased a used 2019 E-tron earlier this year and I was able to transfer over the remaining Electrify America credits to me. I have 3 years to use the remaining credits. You might want to look at the fine print on that offer.
Congratulations on the new e-tron @Audi electric! How are you enjoying it so far?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
From what I understand, the 4 years to use 1,000kwh of free charging was for the E-Tron SUV, according to this media announcement from Audi (and confirmed by my dealership), the GT comes with 3 years of free charging:
I haven't actually seen the fine print on this or know where to find it other than the announcement.
My dealership said it would be automatic in the MyAudi app but it seems like Audi hasnt gotten this configured yet, in fact when I called the E-Tron Department the rep wasn't even aware of this. Just frustrating. They told me to keep receipts if I need to charge at Electrify America until they get this configured

·
Registered
2019 Edition One
796 Posts
From what I understand, the 4 years to use 1,000kwh of free charging was for the E-Tron SUV
From what I thought, it was tied to the car and not specific user of the car. Effectively, charge is until 1MW is finished, and that is all.

·
Registered
43 Posts
From what I understand, the 4 years to use 1,000kwh of free charging was for the E-Tron SUV, according to this media announcement from Audi (and confirmed by my dealership), the GT comes with 3 years of free charging:
I haven't actually seen the fine print on this or know where to find it other than the announcement.
My dealership said it would be automatic in the MyAudi app but it seems like Audi hasnt gotten this configured yet, in fact when I called the E-Tron Department the rep wasn't even aware of this. Just frustrating. They told me to keep receipts if I need to charge at Electrify America until they get this configured
For the Taycan, it was 3 years, but no more than 30 minutes at a time and at least 1 hour between charges. I do not know whether GT will be the same.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Hey @Audi electric, glad you could join us!
What did you own before getting the e-tron? Mind sharing what you paid for it?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Appears they fixed this issue and I was able to unlock the 3 years of unlimited free charging at Electrify America. Sounds like there was some back and forth above and differences between credits for the e-tron suv vs the GT

Attachments

·
Registered
43 Posts
3 years of free charging is pretty cool! I burned through my 1000kWh in three months 😬
I had lifetime free Supercharging on my Tesla Model S, but only used it on trips because I have NEMA 14-50 in my garage. That has worked well for 6 years.

·
Registered
17 Posts
For anyone that has already purchased the GT, have you been able to take advantage of the 3 years of free charging at Electrify America stations? In the myaudi app, I am only given the option to unlock 1,000 kwh of credits (not 3 years) and then get an error message each time I go to unlock credits. I called the etron department and they asked me to send the Audi Media announcement as they weren't aware of the 3 years free charging and wanted to take to management. Said in the meantime to call Electrify America if I need to charge and have them turn it on for me so I dont get charged. My electrician won't be able to install my Home Charging Unit for a couple weeks. Sounds like a disconnect between Audi Corporate and actually making sure this works at the stations and through the app. My dealership said they would look into for me as well but wanted to see if anyone experienced the same thing?
When I got my GT the app said 1000kwh but a few days later it changed to 3 years free

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
When I got my GT the app said 1000kwh but a few days later it changed to 3 years free
It sounds like Audi is getting more comfortable with how heavily this offer would be utilized. For my 2019 55 in Nov 2019, the deal was you had 3 years to use 1000kWH. I guess the rate of usage has been pretty low, plus I'm sure they are assuming they will sell a lot fewer GT's.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yea I called Audi about this (they were not aware) and within 2 days they changed in the app to 3 years free, I like to think I had something to do with them fixing it lol

·
Registered
13 Posts
I picked up my RS last night. When I asked about how to get the free charging, they told me I had to use the EA app. I stopped by dealership this morning and they said I need to use the MyAudi app (kill me now!) under the Electrify America - Start Charger button.

I clicked that button tonight and it took me through approving a EULA and then it said I was eligible for the 3 year deal from date of purchase. No other steps needed other than using the MyAudit app (evil!) and entering the charger number at the EA station after pressing Start Charger.

Seems simple enough to me now that I know how to do it. And it looks like it'll work even if the MyAudi app isn't able to connect to the car.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I had 880kwh left on my plan for my 2021 e-tron I traded in on the GT. I went on myaudi app, opened start charge section and it had me accept changes to new unlimited charging. Now it just shows unlimited. Great and easy.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts