Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The myAudi app tells me this morning that there's a software update for my September 2020 e-tron 50. Anyone heard what this is about? I can't see anything online. I'm working on the assumption that this is the additional battery capacity being made available to extend the range a little bit. This was originally just the "55" model I think.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hi Tony I also had a notification today on the MyAudi app for my E-Tron 50 under "Active service campaign - 93N1 - S-Software update for remaining range display". My car is already booked into my Audi dealer for another issue (reinstall MMI maps) so they will do this update at the same time. After talking to the service team at the dealership this update does not appear to be linked to the range extension that some 55's have got but appears to be a software change to the remaining range display - there is not allot of details available at the dealership on exactly what this means. I will update this post on Friday afternoon when i have got my car back.

·
Registered
213 Posts
From the browser:

"Service campaigns
"Please contact an authorised Audi service company immediately.
"Applicable service campaign(s)

"93N1 - S-Software update for remaining range display1

"1All data is provided without guarantee"

On the above basis I agree with the comment above that it's a software change to the remaining range display :)

As data are provided without guarantee, it's fairly pointless!

It hardly seems to warrant an immediate response.

·
Registered
20 Posts
From the browser:

"Service campaigns
"Please contact an authorised Audi service company immediately.
"Applicable service campaign(s)

"93N1 - S-Software update for remaining range display1

"1All data is provided without guarantee"

On the above basis I agree with the comment above that it's a software change to the remaining range display :)

As data are provided without guarantee, it's fairly pointless!

It hardly seems to warrant an immediate response.
Could it be that they unlock the buffer too. On the 55 model it changes some of the drivetrain characteristics like disabling the front motor, releasing the brake pads, coolant flow etc.
The 50 is never and already has those things in place? So it would only apply to the range?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Had the same appear on my Audi App. My dealer is clueless. Still not sure how this will improve the performance or drive experince of Etron 50? Look forward to hearing Hywel A feedback on Friday.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Had the same appear on my Audi App. My dealer is clueless. Still not sure how this will improve the performance or drive experince of Etron 50? Look forward to hearing Hywel A feedback on Friday.
Indeed...The range is anyhow not overwhelming...so hopefully this will not lead to even less range...As it says it is related to range calculation...lets see...will get Service the next week...

·
Registered
213 Posts
so hopefully this will not lead to even less range
Well, the actual range must remain exactly the same but the reported range may differ. I am having to think about it but I don't know if a reported range that is lower or higher will make me happier. I suppose I have to say that a more accurately reported range must be superior - whether it's higher or lower than what is currently shown because this will lead to me making better decisions on charging when on long trips. But there's the rub - I only rarely make long trips and even then don't tend to time charging take place in the last 20 miles or so of range.
I'm thinking I'll get the update applied in due course but don't have to rush because, after all, even using an e-tron 50, range anxiety is experienced by those who haven't yet got an EV.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I have no idea what the update does but as pressurized says the important thing is that it addresses the reported range, it is not going to affect the actual range.

Given that in general range reporting is pretty accurate and the fleet has now been on the road for long enough to identify any real weaknesses in the area, I wonder if the update merely addresses a bug.

By 'bug' I mean something such as that under certain conditions, it significantly over reports range. Probably not very common circumstances - could be anything, it's hard to speculate. Most drivers probably won't even notice the difference.

We shall have to see......

·
Registered
5 Posts
The myAudi app tells me this morning that there's a software update for my September 2020 e-tron 50. Anyone heard what this is about? I can't see anything online. I'm working on the assumption that this is the additional battery capacity being made available to extend the range a little bit. This was originally just the "55" model I think.
I have my 2020 e-tron 50 in dealer at the moment, and have been told that this fix applies to a problem I have experienced twice recently.

The fault I have reported is that immediately after switching the ignition on, the console shows the normal range etc, but immediately goes to all red in the "fuel guage", range of zero and recharge battery message. Repeated switching the start/stop on/off cleared the problem, so unclear if the vehicle would actually drive.

This is what the console shows, despite having a range of 188km, the yellow arrow below showing that there is still around 75% left.
Car Plant Automotive design Vehicle Motor vehicle

As an intermittent problem, will be difficult to know if this fixes the problem.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have also seen this issue at least once. Turning it off and on again fixed it.

It is a shame that they don't issue detailed release notes. It doesn't inspire me with confidence. A software update on a VAG is equally likely to cause as many issues as it solves, it would be good to know whether it's worth opting for.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Tony I also had a notification today on the MyAudi app for my E-Tron 50 under "Active service campaign - 93N1 - S-Software update for remaining range display". My car is already booked into my Audi dealer for another issue (reinstall MMI maps) so they will do this update at the same time. After talking to the service team at the dealership this update does not appear to be linked to the range extension that some 55's have got but appears to be a software change to the remaining range display - there is not allot of details available at the dealership on exactly what this means. I will update this post on Friday afternoon when i have got my car back.
Any news from the dealer HywelA?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi All,

I just picked up my e-tron Quattro 50 (e-tron 230/M2R) from service at the dealer and the 93N1(4) update has been installed.
They told me this update enables additional range due to more efficient control of the electro motors and a better recuperation during braking.

I left the car with approx. 266km at a battery charge level of 98%.
After the update I picked it up with a range of 294km and a charge level of 97%.

Quite promising I would say.
Font Material property Parallel Design Number

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi All,

I just picked up my e-tron Quattro 50 (e-tron 230/M2R) from service at the dealer and the 93N1(4) update has been installed.
They told me this update enables additional range due to more efficient control of the electro motors and a better recuperation during braking.

I left the car with approx. 266km at a battery charge level of 98%.
After the update I picked it up with a range of 294km and a charge level of 97%.

Quite promising I would say.
View attachment 3236
Excellent news! I’m very surprised they have not had a press release about this like they didn’t with the 55.

Very tempted to get mine updates - any idea how long it takes?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I wouldn't be surprised if they mixed this update with 93M3 - "more efficient control of the electro motors and a better recuperation during braking" sounds quite a lot like that...

That range increase from 264 to 294 can be explained even by the reason that the car was inside, battery warmed up and it thought also that the outside temp went up, and updated the range estimate based on those.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts