Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got the notification in the app. Anyone have clue what it is?
Tried to google it but did only find 1 post in German about. Says it some efficiency update, but was not to sure.

It might be kind of the the update the Taycan got recently? Have to call the dealer tomorrow.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Thanks! And confirming as a native German that one commenter wrote that their service manager said, "Amongst other things, this software update should drive up efficiency and extend range". Nice!
Would be great to have more updates from you as you learn more. I'm in US, no such notice to me in MyAudi app yet.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Nothing on mine in the UK, wonder if its EU only so far? Might give dealer a call tomorrow and ask.
Could be.
Note, reports on the German thread from people who have had the update applied are that they don't notice any immediate difference. Seems to be targeted to longer term range improvements (whatever that means).

·
Registered
50 Posts
Woke up this morning to find my Tesla updated automatically to the latest update

Audi gave me the 93P9 alert that I need to contact my dealership, schedule an appointment, drive 40 mins there, try to get a loaner car, drive 40 mins back to pick up car.. just need to find a day I can make all that happen.

Electric cars need lots of updating, which is why Tesla made their cars with OTA update capability over a decade ago ... I love my car but theres no excuse that Tesla is this far ahead in that regard. Unless it's just Audi holding back their tech to appease their dealership network...

·
Registered
784 Posts
Woke up this morning to find my Tesla updated automatically to the latest update

Audi gave me the 93P9 alert that I need to contact my dealership, schedule an appointment, drive 40 mins there, try to get a loaner car, drive 40 mins back to pick up car.. just need to find a day I can make all that happen.

Electric cars need lots of updating, which is why Tesla made their cars with OTA update capability over a decade ago ... I love my car but theres no excuse that Tesla is this far ahead in that regard. Unless it's just Audi holding back their tech to appease their dealership network...
Not defending the lack of OTA with Audi, but Tesla treats their cars like unfinished software that needs weekly patches because validation is not a priority for them.

The answer is somhere in the middle

·
Registered
50 Posts
Not defending the lack of OTA with Audi, but Tesla treats their cars like unfinished software that needs weekly patches because validation is not a priority for them.

The answer is somhere in the middle
I'd say they treat them more like an evolving product, which is pretty awesome. Today, the car now has a more advanced Energy information screen that shows more details regarding where power drain/usage is coming from. Also, features are rolled out and changed versus user feedback, typically the updates are not necessarily bug fixes (which are great since they are OTA) but feature improvements that most automakers would reserve for the next model year.

I think with EV's the dealership model holds the technology development back. OTA updates would take away a lot of service visits from Audi dealers. Example of this, I had to take the car in for a software update and got a nail in the tire on the way there that I ended up paying the dealer $527 to replace while in there. Very convenient LOL

·
Registered
9 Posts
Just got the notification in the app. Anyone have clue what it is?
Tried to google it but did only find 1 post in German about. Says it some efficiency update, but was not to sure.

It might be kind of the the update the Taycan got recently? Have to call the dealer tomorrow.
I just called in and the dealership said this is a software update for the low voltage 12V battery management. It has nothing to do with the high voltage battery.

1 - 20 of 87 Posts