Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
21 - 40 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
I'd say they treat them more like an evolving product, which is pretty awesome. Today, the car now has a more advanced Energy information screen that shows more details regarding where power drain/usage is coming from. Also, features are rolled out and changed versus user feedback, typically the updates are not necessarily bug fixes (which are great since they are OTA) but feature improvements that most automakers would reserve for the next model year.

I think with EV's the dealership model holds the technology development back. OTA updates would take away a lot of service visits from Audi dealers. Example of this, I had to take the car in for a software update and got a nail in the tire on the way there that I ended up paying the dealer $527 to replace while in there. Very convenient LOL
I have owned two Model S Tesla’s before this Audi. And while I absolutely agree that Audi has a road ahead of it to get to the same software level Tesla is at, it would be a mistake to suggest Tesla is somehow better because of it.

Tesla is essentially a software company that makes hardware (cars). Audi is a hardware company trying to make good software. My second Tesla was a hardware nightmare, and in fact, some of the hardware problems ended up being improper software development issues. Worse, the local service center was so tied to the “software side” of things, that if their systems didn’t detect a problem, as far as they were concerned, there wasn’t one.

So yeah, Tesla outpaces Audi with software. Not sure they are there yet on hardware though.

·
Registered
2022 Audi e-tron GT Prestige/Performance/Leather [Mythos Black]
444 Posts
I'd say they treat them more like an evolving product, which is pretty awesome. Today, the car now has a more advanced Energy information screen that shows more details regarding where power drain/usage is coming from. Also, features are rolled out and changed versus user feedback, typically the updates are not necessarily bug fixes (which are great since they are OTA) but feature improvements that most automakers would reserve for the next model year.

I think with EV's the dealership model holds the technology development back. OTA updates would take away a lot of service visits from Audi dealers. Example of this, I had to take the car in for a software update and got a nail in the tire on the way there that I ended up paying the dealer $527 to replace while in there. Very convenient LOL
you paid a dealer $527 to fix a nail in your tire?! that's on you man :D

·
Registered
226 Posts
Well I got mine to and luckily have service on Wed. I know porsche released a similar update to Taycan and changed efficiency mode drivetrain and the range dod increase by 10-20% (noticeable). Anyone with update do much driving in efficiency yet?

·
Registered
47 Posts
And does anyone know if this includes preventing the car from shutting down/turning off (sometimes) while at a stop? My 2022 RS GT is in the shop now for this (codes thrown) and we're hoping a software update will correct this...

·
Registered
E-tron GT. My third EV. My first: a 2014 i8. My second a 2019 E-tron. Also drive a 2020 AMG GT roads
64 Posts
I hope this doesn't affect my range. I currently get 275+ miles on a full charge. (After I charge the car I'm told I have between 313-328 miles. But it slowly decreases.)

·
Registered
226 Posts
I just dropped mine off for two things, the software update being this one. I was told I can have it back in around 2 days end of day, as it had quite a few sub components.

Also did anyone else get the pop up for the infotainment recall which may be a hardware issue? I was so excited as I was finally about to have the notices removed after this service (tire pressure table, child seat, and this) and now this! No repair available yet...

·
Registered
E-tron GT. My third EV. My first: a 2014 i8. My second a 2019 E-tron. Also drive a 2020 AMG GT roads
64 Posts
What do you mean it slowly decreases? Does it trend down back to the baseline again? 280ish?
Exactly. After about 125 miles following a full charge, the future range slowly drifts downward so that when combined with the miles already driven it begins to approach 280.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I hope this doesn't affect my range. I currently get 275+ miles on a full charge. (After I charge the car I'm told I have between 313-328 miles. But it slowly decreases.)
I had the update performed on Monday and although the update is supposed to pertain to the 12v battery, it seems my efficiency has improved as well.

I used to average 3 - 3.3mi/kwh. Since the update I'm averaging 3.5mi/kwh.

Did ~223mi Monday with a projected 41mi left. But here's the thing... On the list leg of my trip I started with 88mi projected. Drove 72mi yet ended with 41mi projected.

Sunday we're driving 2,500mi to AZ. I think this thing can get very close to 300mi/charge. We'll see.

·
Registered
793 Posts
I just dropped mine off for two things, the software update being this one. I was told I can have it back in around 2 days end of day, as it had quite a few sub components.

Also did anyone else get the pop up for the infotainment recall which may be a hardware issue? I was so excited as I was finally about to have the notices removed after this service (tire pressure table, child seat, and this) and now this! No repair available yet...
I was told that it takes a few hours to do the 93P9 update.
I just dropped my car off for it.

This affect 3500 cars in US, 500 in Canada

·
Registered
226 Posts
I waiting when I had it done Monday. My car was due for the 10k inspection, so they did that and the update in 1.25hrs.
Thanks @Genyosai and @Ps702 maybe the list includes other non recall TSBs, I will list them when I get it back. She had 4 firmware/update related items.

·
Registered
2022 Audi e-tron GT Prestige/Performance/Leather [Mythos Black]
444 Posts
same here @epirali. they told me it was going to take a 5-6 hours to do all of them, was hoping it would be quick. but i'm going to just drop it off early and pick it up at night.

·
Registered
226 Posts
same here @epirali. they told me it was going to take a 5-6 hours to do all of them, was hoping it would be quick. but i'm going to just drop it off early and pick it up at night.
thanks part of it may be the dealer who’s seems to not start working on the car until the day after you drop it off

·
Registered
187 Posts
I was told the rear camera recall takes about 6 hours to download and it commonly fails and they have to start over so needed my car for at least 2 days for this and the battery update. They didnt have any loaners when I took it in this morning and need a car tomorrow so will make an appointment for another day when I can reserve a loaner

21 - 40 of 88 Posts