Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
41 - 60 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
I had the update performed on Monday and although the update is supposed to pertain to the 12v battery, it seems my efficiency has improved as well.

I used to average 3 - 3.3mi/kwh. Since the update I'm averaging 3.5mi/kwh.

Did ~223mi Monday with a projected 41mi left. But here's the thing... On the list leg of my trip I started with 88mi projected. Drove 72mi yet ended with 41mi projected.

Sunday we're driving 2,500mi to AZ. I think this thing can get very close to 300mi/charge. We'll see.
That's impressive, in what conditions are you getting those numbers, and what mode are you in and how do you drive (avg speed, etc.)?

I'm typically a lead foot and get around 2.0 mi/kwh, but even if I go eco mode and drive at a relatively steady 75-80 on hwy with ideal ambient conditions I can get 2.5, but I never see anything like 3+.

·
Registered
59 Posts
That's impressive, in what conditions are you getting those numbers, and what mode are you in and how do you drive (avg speed, etc.)?

I'm typically a lead foot and get around 2.0 mi/kwh, but even if I go eco mode and drive at a relatively steady 75-80 on hwy with ideal ambient conditions I can get 2.5, but I never see anything like 3+.
I live on the highway, either the frequent, routine, 8hr+ business trips, or our long distance leisurely trips (headed to MD Friday, then leaving there headed to AZ on Sunday). That said, I don't usually drive more than 72mph. I've found that to be a perfect compromise between efficiency and arrival time.

I live in South Carolina and right now it's around 50-80⁰ F. South Carolina is hilly, though. Yet, I'm getting 3.5mi/wh.

Here's a shot of my instrumentation after the 3-leg trip I referred to.

Font Audio equipment Auto part Measuring instrument Circle

·
Registered
8 Posts
Anyone got confirmation if this 93P9 truly addressed the switching to N (or turning off the car) during stop lights issue? Besides this update, are there any other update I need to push my dealer to install? I got the GT in March and this will be my first SW update on the car.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I live on the highway, either the frequent, routine, 8hr+ business trips, or our long distance leisurely trips (headed to MD Friday, then leaving there headed to AZ on Sunday). That said, I don't usually drive more than 72mph. I've found that to be a perfect compromise between efficiency and arrival time.

I live in South Carolina and right now it's around 50-80⁰ F. South Carolina is hilly, though. Yet, I'm getting 3.5mi/wh.

Here's a shot of my instrumentation after the 3-leg trip I referred to.
Thanks still curious do you drive in Efficiency, Comfort or dynamic? I believe for the Taycan changes they mostly applied to front/rear wheel drive logic for efficiency and did increase efficiency by around 20%.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Thanks still curious do you drive in Efficiency, Comfort or dynamic? I believe for the Taycan changes they mostly applied to front/rear wheel drive logic for efficiency and did increase efficiency by around 20%.
Oh. Sorry. Always in efficiency on the long road trips unless I get into heavy, fast paced traffic and may need access to more acceleration and handling capability.

·
Registered
59 Posts
same here @epirali. they told me it was going to take a 5-6 hours to do all of them, was hoping it would be quick. but i'm going to just drop it off early and pick it up at night.
"all of them"

I'm confused. The only notice I received was for Action number 93P9 and according to my dealer it involved only something about the 12v system.

The notice has also disappeared from my MMI two days after the update was performed.

·
Registered
2022 Audi e-tron GT Prestige/Performance/Leather [Mythos Black]
444 Posts
There were more updates available for my car than just the one relating to 93P9. Service manager showed me his screen, there were i think 4 or 5 updates total. I couldn't leave the car there that day as i had only planned on being there for an hour, so when i go back i'll get more detailed info.

·
Registered
793 Posts
There were more updates available for my car than just the one relating to 93P9. Service manager showed me his screen, there were i think 4 or 5 updates total. I couldn't leave the car there that day as i had only planned on being there for an hour, so when i go back i'll get more detailed info.
Whats your cars build date?

·
Registered
226 Posts
I just got my updates done, had advisor show me the notes. There were only 2 software updates, and the short note also only said something about 12v battery drain and something about high voltage battery shut off, but she wasn't sure. But what is interesting is that in my one drive in efficiency after the update (maybe it's just luck but I know the drive?) I was managing a much higher 3.5 miles/KWH, which is better than I have gotten in similar conditions (warm weather, around 70), highway speeds.

I'll keep an eye on it, I know the Taycan update that improved efficiency did something similar, after that I almost could get 290 miles range in optimal conditions and in speeds up to 65.

One note (which I assume is correct): I still have all the same notices in the car and the app. Service advisor said they do not reset those, that the Audi system has to update and it should disappear in a couple of days. Anyone else have that?

·
Registered
793 Posts
I just got my updates done, had advisor show me the notes. There were only 2 software updates, and the short note also only said something about 12v battery drain and something about high voltage battery shut off, but she wasn't sure. But what is interesting is that in my one drive in efficiency after the update (maybe it's just luck but I know the drive?) I was managing a much higher 3.5 miles/KWH, which is better than I have gotten in similar conditions (warm weather, around 70), highway speeds.

I'll keep an eye on it, I know the Taycan update that improved efficiency did something similar, after that I almost could get 290 miles range in optimal conditions and in speeds up to 65.

One note (which I assume is correct): I still have all the same notices in the car and the app. Service advisor said they do not reset those, that the Audi system has to update and it should disappear in a couple of days. Anyone else have that?
The notice will go away once the dealer sends the completed warranty paperwork to Audi. Then Audi clears the notice.
I drove off, then came right back to my dealer because I thought they didn't reset the code.
That's when I got the long explanation on how the E-Tron GT functions more on a network

·
Registered
132 Posts
Has anyone in UK / Europe has this TSB as I've seen or heard nothing either though the App or from my dealer regarding this? Wonder why it would be just a North American / Canada TSB?

·
Registered
59 Posts

It's not luck. I'm experiencing the same efficiency after the update:

·
Registered
2022 Audi e-tron GT Prestige/Performance/Leather [Mythos Black]
444 Posts
The notice will go away once the dealer sends the completed warranty paperwork to Audi. Then Audi clears the notice.
I drove off, then came right back to my dealer because I thought they didn't reset the code.
That's when I got the long explanation on how the E-Tron GT functions more on a network
How long did it take for 93P9 to clear for you?

41 - 60 of 88 Posts