Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
22 etron GT, 18 E63S
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed that my A/C isn't blowing cold air out of all of the vents. It only blows cold out of the front middle passenger vent and the rear seat vents. All of the other vents have either no air or light warm air coming out. If I push MAX AC these particular vents blow hot air, while the front middle passenger and rear seat vents blow ice cold. I also tried messing with the vents, sync, auto, recirculate buttons and could not get cold air. I'm thinking I probably need to make a trip to the dealer but was wondering if anyone has had the same issue. Thanks.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I haven't had this but have noticed strange decisions with heating where the driver vents were not giving any air flow, messing around with settings they finally did. The reason I checked was I was not getting warm enough, and this was more than just "balancing." I suspect there is some kind of bug in the climate control loop.

·
Registered
22 etron GT, 18 E63S
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I haven't had this but have noticed strange decisions with heating where the driver vents were not giving any air flow, messing around with settings they finally did. The reason I checked was I was not getting warm enough, and this was more than just "balancing." I suspect there is some kind of bug in the climate control loop.
Do you recall what settings you messed with to get the driver side airflow?

·
Registered
59 Posts
I essentially changed temp, changed it to manual airflow, changed where the air was flowing until I got air flowing in vents I was checking, then put back to auto.

Reactions: Grayblack

·
Registered
86 Posts
It could be a software glitch too. I had a similar issue with a Lexus NX once. I turned the car off for a bit and back on, and it worked fine after that. I suggest letting the car do a full shutdown and try it again. Apparently, to do that:
1) close all the windows and lock the car
2) bring the keys far away from the car so that they aren't in range
3) let the car sit for a few hours

·
Registered
59 Posts
I have a similar issue. Im not getting much air flow from the side vents only the middle vent. Also the front window seems to steam up a lot. No matter what I do I struggle to have a fully clear windsreen.

·
Registered
22 etron GT, 18 E63S
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It could be a software glitch too. I had a similar issue with a Lexus NX once. I turned the car off for a bit and back on, and it worked fine after that. I suggest letting the car do a full shutdown and try it again. Apparently, to do that:
1) close all the windows and lock the car
2) bring the keys far away from the car so that they aren't in range
3) let the car sit for a few hours
No luck with this. Thanks for the suggestion.

I have a similar issue. Im not getting much air flow from the side vents only the middle vent. Also the front window seems to steam up a lot. No matter what I do I struggle to have a fully clear windsreen.
That's a bummer. I don't have a fogging issue with mine. I've read that it could be a valve issue. Was really trying to avoid going back to the dealer for a 2 day old car.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Probably a valve error. I have this as well, (the repair shop could diagnose the valve error) on top of the heater not working at all now. Getting fixed on Wednesday hopefully. The rear seat only blew cold air at first, then the heater broke down.

·
Registered
22 etron GT, 18 E63S
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Probably a valve error. I have this as well, (the repair shop could diagnose the valve error) on top of the heater not working at all now. Getting fixed on Wednesday hopefully. The rear seat only blew cold air at first, then the heater broke down.
I think it’s a valve error as well. I can get heat in all of the vents but not cold air. Let me know what your outcome is.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I noticed that my A/C isn't blowing cold air out of all of the vents. It only blows cold out of the front middle passenger vent and the rear seat vents. All of the other vents have either no air or light warm air coming out. If I push MAX AC these particular vents blow hot air, while the front middle passenger and rear seat vents blow ice cold. I also tried messing with the vents, sync, auto, recirculate buttons and could not get cold air. I'm thinking I probably need to make a trip to the dealer but was wondering if anyone has had the same issue. Thanks.
I have the exact same issue. Hot air on drivers side and cold on passenger and rear vents.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I noticed this on the test drive but after detailing it didn’t fog up. Have you tired cleaning the window?

·
Registered
2022 Audi e-tron GT Prestige/Performance/Leather [Mythos Black]
200 Posts
So this issue is with both heat and AC (cooling?)

I am in the northeast US so i haven't tried the AC for cooling yet. Heat works fine. Seems the side vents are the defrosters, and don't turn on when the 'upper' zone of heat is enabled. I think this is how it works anyway. i definitely have heat going to all 3 zones in the car when i have the thermostat set that way.

I'll try the AC for cooling in my garage and report back

(Also it took me a bit to find the way to Sync all 3 zones. the manual shows the wrong picture for our controls (we don't have a physical Sync button, but the manual thinks we do). You have to hold Auto down for a couple of seconds to sync all zones.)

·
Registered
22 etron GT, 18 E63S
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
So this issue is with both heat and AC (cooling?)

I am in the northeast US so i haven't tried the AC for cooling yet. Heat works fine. Seems the side vents are the defrosters, and don't turn on when the 'upper' zone of heat is enabled. I think this is how it works anyway. i definitely have heat going to all 3 zones in the car when i have the thermostat set that way.

I'll try the AC for cooling in my garage and report back

(Also it took me a bit to find the way to Sync all 3 zones. the manual shows the wrong picture for our controls (we don't have a physical Sync button, but the manual thinks we do). You have to hold Auto down for a couple of seconds to sync all zones.)
The issue I'm having is with the AC, not heat. I can get heat in all of the vents but not with cooling.

I actually do have a physical sync button in my car. It's right next to the auto button.

Let us know once you have a chance to test out your AC.

·
Registered
2022 Audi e-tron GT Prestige/Performance/Leather [Mythos Black]
200 Posts
Maybe i am completely mistaken!

What trim/packages does your GT have?

i have a regular (non-RS) with leather and performance packages.

will take a closer look after my workout

·
Registered
22 etron GT, 18 E63S
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Maybe i am completely mistaken!

What trim/packages does your GT have?

i have a regular (non-RS) with leather and performance packages.

will take a closer look after my workout
I have a non-RS premium plus w/ performance pack.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I have a Prestige with performance and full leather. I don’t have.a sync button.

My issue is the same though. Heat seems fine. AC on drivers left and middle vents both are hot while all other vents are ice cold. Temps all set to the same. I tried 65 and low. I will try sync but don’t think that’s the issue.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts