Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi picked up my a new e-Tron 2021; it only had 90km on it, but it was on the lot, so I didn’t get to pick everything I wanted. It has about everything I wanted, but the wireless charging
Can we add Wireless charging to the vehicle after.

Thanks

·
Registered
9 Posts
You could buy a usb charging mat? Not sure where you could install it though as I don’t have an etron (yet!).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Doesn't look like you can add it in after the fact. Looks like the charging pad is literally built into the side of that compartment. If you find a real thin one there's that 12V cigarette outlet right there though.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Waiting on my premium etron. Apparently the premium does NOT have wireless charging. What does the phone holder look like without the charging option? Maybe there is a way to wedge a small charging pad in there?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Waiting on my premium etron. Apparently the premium does NOT have wireless charging. What does the phone holder look like without the charging option? Maybe there is a way to wedge a small charging pad in there?
I'll take a photo tomorrow it's not deep at all, my iPhone max dose not fit in it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Here the pic I don't see how you can change it.
Oh, I see. The storage compartment seems significantly shallower than the version that comes with wireless charging, so not much room to put a charger in there, even sideways.

You could try to retrofit by replacing the console, but it's not cheap! And also no information how difficult the retrofit is (I assume the charging part is easy, but the signal repeater is more difficult)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Oh, I see. The storage compartment seems significantly shallower than the version that comes with wireless charging, so not much room to put a charger in there, even sideways.

You could try to retrofit by replacing the console, but it's not cheap! And also no information how difficult the retrofit is (I assume the charging part is easy, but the signal repeater is more difficult)
That sound like a lot of work I think I'll keep it as is ill pay the Dealer if they can do it but there no way ill feel comfortable doing it myself.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts