Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
It was 105 degrees in Stockton on a recent Saturday, and I'm parked at the charging station filling up the battery for the rest of our road trip.

But Audi, are you serious that e-tron can't run the main air conditioner system while charging? (Only the weak "aux ac") My toddler in the back was screaming as I desperately tried to figure out how to get the main ac going, but the car only delivered weak sauce. The temperature inside the car got hotter and hotter in the blazing sun until we were forced to abandon ship.

Am I missing a way to get full A/C while charging or is this just a design flaw?

2022 e-tron driver here.
Thanks.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Air-con works on mine while charging. In fact it has to, otherwise you would not be able to pre-condition the cabin before a trip while plugged in.

Are you hitting the climate control button on the MMI as you shut down?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Toogle the Aux A/C on that comes up when you shut the car off. It works all the time for me, unlike the My Audi app.

Reactions: Deutsch100

·
Registered
Blue Etron 2019
121 Posts
It was 105 degrees in Stockton on a recent Saturday, and I'm parked at the charging station filling up the battery for the rest of our road trip.

But Audi, are you serious that e-tron can't run the main air conditioner system while charging? My toddler in the back was screaming as I desperately tried to figure out how to get the ac going, but the car only delivered weak sauce. The temperature inside the car got hotter and hotter in the blazing sun until we were forced to abandon ship.

Am I missing a way to get full A/C while charging or is this just a design flaw?

2022 e-tron driver here.
Thanks.
Push the climate control button that comes on when you power the car off.

OR

Push the brake and power button at the same time. Car can't drive, but the AC will come on.

·
Registered
2019 e-Tron 55 Premium Plus with Full Driving Assistance
127 Posts
To turn the aux AC, tap the three dots in the bottom center of the AC screen, then "thermometer" icon in the right top corner, then "Immediate start". While the fans are limited to level 4, the AC will start working. I myself quite don't understand why this isn't done automatically on the background 🤷‍♀️

·
Registered
2019 e-Tron 55 Premium Plus with Full Driving Assistance
127 Posts
It only runs aux a/c up to fan level 4, which in practice was way too weak for hot sun and hot weather.
I have two suggestions for your bad experience: (1) try lowering the temperature all the way down and open all directions air flow, and make sure rear vents are open too: (2) if you live in a hot area, consider, if not installed, tinted windows and buying a sun shield for the front.

I work in the desert where it reaches above 100F in summer. Pre-conditioning the car also uses aux AC and, therefore, cannot blow higher than level 4. Even at that, activating only 3 minutes before getting in (I activate pre-condition when leaving office), the cabin is comfortably cool.

·
Registered
75 Posts
It only runs aux a/c up to fan level 4, which in practice was way too weak for hot sun and hot weather.
I haven't had any issues with it in temperatures up to 115F. The only minor issue is the passenger ventilated seat coming on even if there's no one there.

·
Registered
4 Posts

But Audi, are you serious that e-tron can't run the main air conditioner system while charging? (Only the weak "aux ac") My toddler in the back was screaming as I desperately tried to figure out how to get the main ac going, but the car only delivered weak sauce. The temperature inside the car got hotter and hotter in the blazing sun until we were forced to abandon ship.

2022 e-tron driver here.
Thanks.
yes, this is a poor design decision that makes no sense

1 - 11 of 11 Posts