Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Edition One
664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As per title, happened already twice. The alarm went off around 3 am and based on charger status records, it coincides with the completion of the charging process. Running across the house at 3 am to switch the alarm off before kids wake up is ... not fun. Both times windows were cracked open due to high temperature in the garage, so likely pointing to the culprit in this case.

I wonder if anybody had it happen to them at all.

·
Registered
379 Posts
That's a new one! And here I thought multiple notification of 'charging complete' was a PITA. Hey, you could always install AC in the garage. ;)

·
Registered
2019 Edition One
664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Considering I added insulation to keep the temperatures more moderate in winter, lol, that would kind of defeat the purpose. I will look into replacing existing windows in the door with ventilation of sort.

·
Registered
955 Posts
As per title, happened already twice. The alarm went off around 3 am and based on charger status records, it coincides with the completion of the charging process. Running across the house at 3 am to switch the alarm off before kids wake up is ... not fun. Both times windows were cracked open due to high temperature in the garage, so likely pointing to the culprit in this case.

I wonder if anybody had it happen to them at all.
Wait, do you mean the car alarm went off? I'm not sure why completion of charge should do that even in hot weather. I would think if the battery was starting to get too hot, the car would just shut off charging. I'd talk with Audi service before I build a new garage!

·
Registered
2019 Edition One
664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm not sure why completion of charge should do that even in hot weather.
I do not think it is weather related. I had windows cracked open because it was hot inside and wanted to cool the interior off overnight.
Wait, do you mean the car alarm went off?
Yes, twice, both times around 3 am and the only common factor is that windows were cracked open in both cases. Car was locked. Charging ended, alarm went off.

·
Registered
2019 Edition One
664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So far, no alarm tripping with the cat unlocked. Once it happened two nights in a row, I stopped leaving the car locked. The fun part is that is only happened on 2021 loaner I am currently driving. My 2019 unit has always been left locked overnight with cracked windows with no issues.

·
Registered
955 Posts
So far, no alarm tripping with the cat unlocked. Once it happened two nights in a row, I stopped leaving the car locked. The fun part is that is only happened on 2021 loaner I am currently driving. My 2019 unit has always been left locked overnight with cracked windows with no issues.
Well, in my experience, it's best to leave your cat unlocked, anyway! I'm beginning to suspect several buggy things have crept into the car in going from MY 2019 to 2021.

·
Registered
2019 Edition One
664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah, I found out best way to isolate the bug, it seems. I wonder if anybody with 2021 model could reproduce the issue

·
Registered
342 Posts
To leave the windows slightly open, have you tried turning off the interior sensors for the alarm as well to see if that stops the alarm activating in the night?

·
Registered
2019 Edition One
664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Interior sensors are switched off (toggle is in the off position).

·
Registered
379 Posts
I've got a 21 and I've left the car locked & unlocked in the garage and never had the alarm go off. So I think it's something more related to an issue with your car rather than a generic bug in the 21s.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts