Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a 2021 etron since about March 2021. The app has ALWAYS been flaky, 50% chance the remote climate control start works, even through though the car is parked in that same location every night. But ok...

Then for the last month or so I had the app showing some kind of "can't connect" error. I have restored factory settings in the car itself, deleted the car from myaudi, deleted the app from my phone and started from scratch. I've done this several times at this point. For the last week, I had the "complete setup" button in the app, but when I press it, it goes to the screen to complete, but then closes right away back to the main screen. Don't know what it is going on.

This morning, the "complete setup" button is gone from the app main screen, but there's pretty much nothing of use in the app home page. How do I get the app working again? I really want to be able to pre-heat the car, control the charging, etc... from the app.

Here's what my app screen looks like at the moment. This page used to have the charging status, buttons to start climate control, set timers, control how much it charges, and I could do lots of other functions. Now I can literally do NOTHING, there is zero functionality. Please help! :)

Automotive parking light Photograph Tire Black Vehicle
Automotive parking light Photograph Tire Black Vehicle

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hmmm… I got it so that the car says I’m the “key user”. But I didn’t have the dealer do anything again. I’ll ask them! Thanks!
How did it go?

I got my new etron Q4 last year and the app works ok to provide Vehicle status Battery level and charging status while charging .. but I cannot get contact with the car when I try to use the Climate control from the app .. I have deleted and uploaded again the myAudi app .. but I am reluctant to delete the car from myAudi to install it again to avoid the contact with the dealer in case it is needed .. are you able to do climate control after all this process ?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How did it go?

I got my new etron Q4 last year and the app works ok to provide Vehicle status Battery level and charging status while charging .. but I cannot get contact with the car when I try to use the Climate control from the app .. I have deleted and uploaded again the myAudi app .. but I am reluctant to delete the car from myAudi to install it again to avoid the contact with the dealer in case it is needed .. are you able to do climate control after all this process ?
The dealer redid me as key user, but didn't help. I got on the phone with etron support and tried a bazillion things. Nothing worked. It's sorta a mess... :-(

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Greg,

My car is a 2019 and I have had this problem since the start of the year. Tried everything you mention, I'm in the UK and have spoken with support and the dealer, they say everything looks fine from their end. Would be really interested to hear if you get this resolved, an EV of any kind needs the remote app for the reasons you mention for sure.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Greg,

My car is a 2019 and I have had this problem since the start of the year. Tried everything you mention, I'm in the UK and have spoken with support and the dealer, they say everything looks fine from their end. Would be really interested to hear if you get this resolved, an EV of any kind needs the remote app for the reasons you mention for sure.
So far nothing has worked…. It’s still totally useless. I called the Audi etron support line. A very nice guy tried to help me, but nothing worked. He entered a ticket for me to escalate this and I’m waiting for them to get back to me. He said it may take 7-10 days for them to reach out.
This is extremely frustrating! Sorry you are in the same situation!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Sorry to hear that too. Hopefully, they will get it sorted.

Yeah same here, I had to send screenshots of all the error messages from the app. The first messages were about E-Tron charging prices not being update? Now they are about the server not responding. Sent it all back and wait to hear. If it's a common thing, I'm hoping it's a recent update that has went wrong and can be undone!

·
Registered
7 Posts
So I have a 2021 etron since about March 2021. The app has ALWAYS been flaky, 50% chance the remote climate control start works, even through though the car is parked in that same location every night. But ok...

Then for the last month or so I had the app showing some kind of "can't connect" error. I have restored factory settings in the car itself, deleted the car from myaudi, deleted the app from my phone and started from scratch. I've done this several times at this point. For the last week, I had the "complete setup" button in the app, but when I press it, it goes to the screen to complete, but then closes right away back to the main screen. Don't know what it is going on.

This morning, the "complete setup" button is gone from the app main screen, but there's pretty much nothing of use in the app home page. How do I get the app working again? I really want to be able to pre-heat the car, control the charging, etc... from the app.

Here's what my app screen looks like at the moment. This page used to have the charging status, buttons to start climate control, set timers, control how much it charges, and I could do lots of other functions. Now I can literally do NOTHING, there is zero functionality. Please help! :)

View attachment 3932 View attachment 3932
What finally worked to resolve issue?

·
Registered
4 Posts
At this point… nothing! 🤬 I have uninstalled, deleted, removed, factory reset, undid consent for key user and reinstalled everything… several times. Nothing works!! The app is still shows zero functionality. 😢
At this point… nothing! 🤬 I have uninstalled, deleted, removed, factory reset, undid consent for key user and reinstalled everything… several times. Nothing works!! The app is still shows zero functionality. 😢

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Greg, I seem to be having difficulty with this forum today, not great, lol.:confused:

Anyway, so my app is now working!:) I spent all night on it two nights ago and got it. Audi UK said to change my password on the app.
Then sign out of the app.

Make sure that you are signed out of MYAUDI on all browsers too.

Then in the car, factory reset the MYAUDI app functionality.

Then remove the key user.

Next add the key user, with chassis, 10 digit key number in the car.

Go online (not using the app yet) and begin setup there. It's the three-stage process again.

Open the app sign in with the new password.

That should be it. However, I did spend about two hours doing all this as I don't quite understand the Key User thing from Audi. It seems an overly complicated way of doing things. Apparently, they are bringing all software functionality for the full VAG Group in house, this could make all the difference. I had an I-Pace before this and it was so straightforward. Although Jag's rap isn't the best, the car was great and so was the software!

Anyway, best of luck, I hope you get it sorted.(y)

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi Greg, I seem to be having difficulty with this forum today, not great, lol.:confused:

Anyway, so my app is now working!:) I spent all night on it two nights ago and got it. Audi UK said to change my password on the app.

Go online (not using the app yet) and begin setup there. It's the three-stage process again.

That should be it. However, I did spend about two hours doing all this as I don't quite understand the Key User thing from Audi. It seems an overly complicated way of doing things. Apparently, they are bringing all software functionality for the full VAG Group in house, this could make all the difference. I had an I-Pace before this and it was so straightforward. Although Jag's rap isn't the best, the car was great and so was the software!

I have done it so many times in all different orders and I can easily believe there is a magic order to get it right. lol. I really appreciate your listing the order of steps in detail that got it working for you. I am going to give it a try! Will report back! :)

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I have done it so many times in all different orders and I can easily believe there is a magic order to get it right. lol. I really appreciate your listing the order of steps in detail that got it working for you. I am going to give it a try! Will report back! :)

Hi TLK,

So I tried your directions, but no luck. But I do have some questions if you don't mind... see below your steps with some questions...

Audi UK said to change my password on the app.
I had to click the "Reset Password" button in the app, which sent me an email and then I clicked the link and changed my password.

did this.

did this.

Did this.

The factory reset, removed the key user from the car. So I can't remove the key user from the user screen in the car, because its already gone. Or do you mean "withdraw consent for key user agreement" from in the app or in the my audi web site?

So from above, I did the factory reset, key user was in the care was deleted. So I went in to the "USER" screen, clicked add user, entered my "my audi" email address and the 10 digit key number. It said "key user has been added"

So I am not sure what three-stage process you mean? There is nothing in the "my audi" website that lets me do anything. Unless I just can't find it? Even to add my car VIN to my audi, it forces me to use the app. Maybe there is a difference between US and UK website? :-(

So not having done the "three-stage process", cause I can't find that anywhere... I logged into the my audi app, and it looks the same. No functionality for anything, no big charge status on the homepage, etc...
:-(

This really should not be so hard! lol. And it used to work... :-(

·
Registered
62 Posts
Actually this makes a lot of sense given the difficulty with getting the key user "reassigned".
I work in I.T. and I experienced a similar issue with my Windows account at work. Basically my password expired so I chaged it. After that I regularly had issues with my profile and I randomly got locked out of things.
The upshot of it was that I was still logged on to another server when I changed my password. So some parts of the network were still seeing me using my old password.
Lesson from this one: Always make sure that you have logged out and closed every session on every device before trying to reset your password or change your account!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a MY21 Etron and have not had any connection between app and car. I have been to the dealer several times and spoke with customer care numerous times. I made a video of my issues and show the step I was given from Audi care to fix it. Still does not work and I am getting very frustrated and this has been going on for over 3 months and counting. Totally unacceptable in my opinion!!! I have really grown tired of this crap!!!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I have a MY21 Etron and have not had any connection between app and car. I have been to the dealer several times and spoke with customer care numerous times. I made a video of my issues and show the step I was given from Audi care to fix it. Still does not work and I am getting very frustrated and this has been going on for over 3 months and counting. Totally unacceptable in my opinion!!! I have really grown tired of this crap!!!

I have probably done the factory reset, created new myAudi accounts, deleted key user, etc…. Probably a dozen times each at this point. AND… 80% of the time even doing those things fail. I get “can’t delete key user” or “failed to reset factory setting” 80% of the time. But eventually I get it done. But still myAudi app has NONE of the functionality it had until November when it all just disappeared. Here’s my app screen still… Audi just doesn’t care….
Car Vehicle Automotive lighting Product Hood

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

I totally get your frustration and I’m right there with you!!!! Audi just keeps sending me emails saying “we are working on it, will let you know”. They don’t answer any questions I ask them, no info is shared, etc… it is beyond poor support!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I totally get your frustration and I’m right there with you!!!! Audi just keeps sending me emails saying “we are working on it, will let you know”. They don’t answer any questions I ask them, no info is shared, etc… it is beyond poor support!
Absolutely, and totally unacceptable! I am very surprised at the nonchalant approach by the Audi customer service advocates. I have been told over half a dozen times that they have fixed the problem. It’s all BS. 3 months and counting. I wonder if they would be happy with me paying 1/3 of my monthly note till the problem is rectified. I think not!! Sheesh Audi!!!!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

Hey there... so magically ALL functionality has returned to my app this morning, it has been missing since November 2021. But all of it is back! And the functions actually worked, start/stop climate control, lock/unlock, etc.... I hope you woke up to the same thing this morning! Of course, I am not a fan of "magic" fixes to problems, because that means of course it can magically go away too... hoping this is permanent fix!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts