Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...but I didn't!
Just picked up a 2019 Audi E-Tron Prestige (CPO). No regrets canceling my Model Y order, which I did while signing paper-work at the dealer today. It's the sort of beige/white color (Siam Beige Metallic) and Pearl Beige interior. Looks a bit more grayish in person. Only had ~2,500 miles. Great condition, solid price, I like it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to the forum @omegafiler! What made you decide to go with the e-tron over the Model Y?
Thanks! I posted something similar in another thread.

I spent a lot of time doing test drives, looking at current deliveries, and following the forums. Even after all of the experience Tesla has with manufacturing, they were still pushing out vehicles with unacceptable QC issues. Panel fitment, misaligned lights, scratches, dust under paint, grease stains on the interior, uneven seats, etc. Not to mention excessive wind/road-noise, and squeaks/rattles. You get the idea, the list goes on.

Tesla was still my first choice. Big fan of what they're doing for electric vehicles, great EV tech, range, performance, and charging network. But unfortunately, they are more interested in quantity vs quality, and I felt I wouldn't be happy dealing with all of those issues. Certainly not at this price range.

And once I test drove the Audi, it's a night/day difference in quality, engineering, comfort, tech feature, and quietness. No plans on taking long trips anytime soon, so I decided to jump on it. We'll see how it goes, but so far, no major complaints. ;)

·
Registered
8 Posts
...but I didn't!
Just picked up a 2019 Audi E-Tron Prestige (CPO). No regrets canceling my Model Y order, which I did while signing paper-work at the dealer today. It's the sort of beige/white color (Siam Beige Metallic) and Pearl Beige interior. Looks a bit more grayish in person. Only had ~2,500 miles. Great condition, solid price, I like it.
Would you be willing to tell us what you paid and the MSRP? I'm shopping now and it helps to have real life sales data instead of just going by KBB or edmunds.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I've driven from the San Francisco bay area to Los Angeles and back (~350m one way). If you consider that a "long trip", the e-tron is very capable of it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Would you be willing to tell us what you paid and the MSRP? I'm shopping now and it helps to have real life sales data instead of just going by KBB or edmunds.
Sure. It's a loaded Prestige model, it sold for ~$83k new about a year ago. I paid ~$58k with CPO, with about ~2,500 miles. That's in TX. Prices do tend to vary regionally.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Great to see your post and photos...I test drove my first e-tron today. It is so much nicer than Tesla as far as features and build quality. It feels and sounds like a bank vault. I guess my struggle with moving forward with it is what appears to be lack of software updates or at least anything significant. I feel the optimizations they did in Europe to theirs they could bring here, but Audi USA doesn’t seem interested in that continual evolution. I’m in Texas also and also looking at a CPO. You’re right the prices are great and seem a good value. I just wish over time they would not abandon owners. I get it hardware upgrades are one thing...but little OTA updates improving things would go a long way in developing the same fan base Tesla enjoys.

Now several days later...are you still happy and confident in your choice? You car looks beautifu!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Great to see your post and photos...I test drove my first e-tron today. It is so much nicer than Tesla as far as features and build quality. It feels and sounds like a bank vault. I guess my struggle with moving forward with it is what appears to be lack of software updates or at least anything significant. I feel the optimizations they did in Europe to theirs they could bring here, but Audi USA doesn’t seem interested in that continual evolution. I’m in Texas also and also looking at a CPO. You’re right the prices are great and seem a good value. I just wish over time they would not abandon owners. I get it hardware upgrades are one thing...but little OTA updates improving things would go a long way in developing the same fan base Tesla enjoys.

Now several days later...are you still happy and confident in your choice? You car looks beautifu!
Thanks! And agreed. They do seem to release regular software updates, but it's mostly minor stuff, bug fixes, etc. The dealer said there is another one in a few months, but didn't mention what was included. Unfortunate that it requires a physical dealer visit, but not a big deal if they are meaningful.

I have an open case with Audi Customer Service regarding whether or not a "major" update, such as range increase via allowing more use of the battery, will come to the older model years. They're checking with the appropriate team. Unless there are physical changes, that stuff needs to happen retroactively. They can't stick to the old ways where you have to buy a new car to get newer software-based updates. Tesla set that bar, others are following, and Audi needs to do the same, or get left behind. Tech simply moves too fast, especially in an EV.

The E-Tron will be my first Audi and EV, so it's a bit of a trial. If they do abandon previous model years, it'll still be a great vehicle for a few years. But that would guarantee my next vehicle, would not be an Audi. Which would be a shame, as to answer your question, I otherwise really do like the vehicle the more I drive it. It's like a luxury tank with everything you could want, and more. If Tesla were even at a half the build quality of Audi, they'd be unstoppable.

But that's enough words for this post, here are some more random pics after some tint. ;) 30% on the front, 15% everywhere else, including sunroof.

·
Registered
6 Posts
It seems I am following in your footsteps. I totally concur with what you mentioned. I want others companies to succeed in the electric space, and after 8 years of Tesla...they MUST get with the program To do so. This stuck in the ICE age thinking...it has got to go away (ha, I never thought of that sounding so funny and appropriate).

I hope you hear back from Audi regarding the ticket you opened. It seems to me there are a lot of little software tweaks they could release to improve the experience. The releasing of battery usage/not ‘saving it’ increased range...that was shared in Europe and made a small difference. At the end of the day, software updates or not...it’s about being there for your customers...both new and old.

Post like yours and others have me leaning to the e-Tron for sure. I so appreciate you taking the time! Btw, great tint. I was wondering what percentage looks best up front to match the rest!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It seems I am following in your footsteps. I totally concur with what you mentioned. I want others companies to succeed in the electric space, and after 8 years of Tesla...they MUST get with the program To do so. This stuck in the ICE age thinking...it has got to go away (ha, I never thought of that sounding so funny and appropriate).

I hope you hear back from Audi regarding the ticket you opened. It seems to me there are a lot of little software tweaks they could release to improve the experience. The releasing of battery usage/not ‘saving it’ increased range...that was shared in Europe and made a small difference. At the end of the day, software updates or not...it’s about being there for your customers...both new and old.

Post like yours and others have me leaning to the e-Tron for sure. I so appreciate you taking the time! Btw, great tint. I was wondering what percentage looks best up front to match the rest!
Yep! If manufacturers want loyalty, they need to earn it. Anybody can create a catchy marketing slogan, but if they can't follow through, they'll eventually fail.

As for the tint, if you're looking for a match, and staying legal, you'll probably just want ~30% on the front, to match the factory privacy glass. That's how it came from the dealer in the original pictures. I replaced that tint with a better quality ceramic tint so it would color match the rest and provide better heat rejection. Which is a must in Texas. 15% over privacy glass definitely makes the rest darker, but that's how I prefer it. Especially for the sunroof. Which is already an even darker privacy glass, probably closer to 5% stock. But now I can leave it open during the summertime and not burn myself. hah. In either case, you can still see out of them at night, just perhaps not as well as before if there is little external light.

Besides, there are enough cameras and sensors, who needs to see out of windows? ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts