Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone figured out the cost of the annual Audi inspection? I am trying to figure out if it is worth pre-paying the 4 year term for $995 (I know there is a battery cooling system, but Tesla maintenance is pretty close to $0).

·
Registered
10 Posts
speaking with my dealer the cost is in a range from 0 to 100 euro depending from the change or not of clima air filter and cooling liquid .
I mean from the first 2 inspections.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Has anyone figured out the cost of the annual Audi inspection? I am trying to figure out if it is worth pre-paying the 4 year term for $995 (I know there is a battery cooling system, but Tesla maintenance is pretty close to $0).
I pre-paid the $995 for Annual Inspection more as a convenience and from cost-containment perspective. The Owners Manual includes details of what precisely is included in each service and I figured that rather than wait and get a nasty surprise, it would make sense to pre-pay and amortize the cost over my planned ownership of the car.

I just had my first service - 12-months old and 3300 miles - in May. Frankly, I'm not sure what they did or what fluids needed to be drained and replaced after such a little amount of driving, but it is what it is. I bought a Prestige model so I'm already $85K into my car and the extra costs - like Audi Connect at $495 for 18-months - are just part and parcel of ownership.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I pre-paid the $995 for Annual Inspection more as a convenience and from cost-containment perspective. The Owners Manual includes details of what precisely is included in each service and I figured that rather than wait and get a nasty surprise, it would make sense to pre-pay and amortize the cost over my planned ownership of the car.

I just had my first service - 12-months old and 3300 miles - in May. Frankly, I'm not sure what they did or what fluids needed to be drained and replaced after such a little amount of driving, but it is what it is. I bought a Prestige model so I'm already $85K into my car and the extra costs - like Audi Connect at $495 for 18-months - are just part and parcel of ownership.
I spoke with my dealer today (we are about to get the 1st service @ 5k miles today). They charge between $450-550 per annual service, so if you keep the car past 2 years (I was told I can add the prepayment package up to the 20k/2y service) it makes sense to get it. If you think you won't then ...well that's up to you. Seems like the prices for this "service" are pretty inflated (if the Euro price is truly about €100. Compared to Tesla which is pretty cheap (though I get that Audi guys tossed in a liquid cooled battery pack and that is one of the service items).

·
Registered
5 Posts
I spoke with my dealer today (we are about to get the 1st service @ 5k miles today). They charge between $450-550 per annual service, so if you keep the car past 2 years (I was told I can add the prepayment package up to the 20k/2y service) it makes sense to get it. If you think you won't then ...well that's up to you. Seems like the prices for this "service" are pretty inflated (if the Euro price is truly about €100. Compared to Tesla which is pretty cheap (though I get that Audi guys tossed in a liquid cooled battery pack and that is one of the service items).
That makes me feel much better - thank you for replying with this feedback. We'll definitely keep the car 36-months....then see what the 2022 models are like.

Candidly, I have a love-hate relationship with my etron. I love the appearance and I enjoy driving it, but I've felt like I'm a guinea pig for Audi because we've experienced far more issues than I had hoped to, and my monthly visits to the Service Technicians are far too frequent!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Tell me where is the maintenance free part of owning an E-Tron? My Porsche 911 is cheap compared to these costs. $578 for oil change and brake fluid for 3rd year of service. Last two services for each year was even less. My Porsche has never been to the shop for issues. Please understand I want to go EV and am anxiously waiting for the Rivian R1T but am I asking for a new hobby of waiting for repairs?

·
Registered
40 Posts

Do you need to get this done at a franchise dealer to maintain your warranty?

·
Registered
32 Posts

Do you need to get this done at a franchise dealer to maintain your warranty?
No the moss act in the usa stops that nonsense. Service it where you want including at home just keep paper work to verify work was done.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Even Tesla from what I understand does not have a routine maintenance schdule any more and at one time I read their statement that skipping the routine maintenance will not void your warranty. You can see for E-Tron nothing is really done other to reward the dealer for selling the vehicle. Sorry if I sound negative as I'm all for EV's just being caucus. As mr_ed said earlier he feels like a guinea pig for Audi.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts