Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, Jay here in Dallas, Texas. Being a Tesla fanboy for years...I finally did it, I got my first electric car...the Audi etron. LOL After years of wanting a Tesla...when it came down to it...I struggled, but determined I wanted an incredibly solid car, all the luxury features, AND it be electric. I feel there are compromises, but in the end...right now...I look at it and think what a beautiful, tasteful, solidly built car/tank. My gut instinct feels more rewarded with the quality and design of the Audi rather than having an OTA update that features a new video game. Cool, fun, yes...just not what I myself am rewarded by.

So finally, I’m all electric, thanks to this great forum and all the members that have been patient with me and my newbie questions!

Next up...TINT!
D46AE8F7-EC2E-472D-8500-92D795F0DCE8.jpeg
B8996377-E03D-4368-B42B-EF764E19798A.jpeg

·
Super Moderator
142 Posts
Congrats! Would love to hear your thoughts after some more time behind the wheel. I'm still enjoying mine. Currently getting radar detector and front/rear dash-cam installed. The next week, it'll be the first trip to service to fix a squeak/rattle in the center console.

And yeah, it's all about priorities. Some people may prioritize playing games in their car, using a buggy video streaming service, and creating reaction videos for YouTube. Which is great. But if you want more than a party trick, the E-Tron is not only a great car but very underrated right now. Making it a perfect time to work out a great deal on a luxury EV.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Agreed, I felt it was time to make the leap! I think you waiting on your Owner ID tag too? I brought that up with the dealer and they are ordering a new one too. Thanks for the heads up on that!

One thing I immediately notice about the etron is is weight. And I bring that up, because it’s awesome. It feels so planted, solid and composed. Priceless things for a relaxing commute. The other thing that surprises me is their underrated driver assistance plus package. Having driven many Teslas with their auto pilot...right now I can say that I like Audi’s more relaxed approach to intervention...it’s not sudden or abrupt, very smooth. LOVE!

·
Super Moderator
142 Posts
Agreed, I felt it was time to make the leap! I think you waiting on your Owner ID tag too? I brought that up with the dealer and they are ordering a new one too. Thanks for the heads up on that!

One thing I immediately notice about the etron is is weight. And I bring that up, because it’s awesome. It feels so planted, solid and composed. Priceless things for a relaxing commute. The other thing that surprises me is their underrated driver assistance plus package. Having driven many Teslas with their auto pilot...right now I can say that I like Audi’s more relaxed approach to intervention...it’s not sudden or abrupt, very smooth. LOVE!
Yep! I'm hoping the tag is there when I go in for service. Not sure where it's coming from, but shipping can be slower than usual lately.

And yeah, it's easy to see that high curb weight as a negative. But that weight is from the solid chassis, extra thick glass, sound-absorbing materials, luxury features, and tech, etc. That's where the tank-like feel comes from. Plus, the air suspension does a great job of managing said weight, it's hardly an issue. Well, other than costing a bit of EV efficiency, of course. ;)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Yeah, I absolutely don't mind the high curb weight of the eTron. I actually like it that way. And it's not just weight for weight's sake as the eTron has excellent crash ratings from IIHS.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts