Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just popping in and saying hello as I have now moved on to the stage of ... impatient waiting.

I hate waiting for things, especially having spent weeks researching and looking around, finance calculations etc...I just want the thing now LOL.

I'm Andy, from Gloucester in the UK. Have finally placed an order through a work salary sacrifice scheme. Details of car in signature hopefully, if not I will be editing this post in a few minutes.

Never had an Audi before, let alone a full EV so this will all be a new experience to me. Currently driving a Volvo V90 Cross Country that is coming to the end of its 18 month lease, prior to that had a VW Tiguan SEL. For us, both these cars were a huge step up to what we used to drive (Astra / Mondeo etc).

Chose the e-tron initially for the good deal available on the Salary sacrifice scheme, so went to have a look and fell in love with it - especially after the one hour test drive we were allowed to take the car out on.

I'm now in that post order "I really wish I could have afforded this extra and that extra" phase having watched several reviews and read many posts now but the decision was based on affordability so will just have to like it and lump it LOL.

Some quick questions please, if you would be so kind:

- UK owners - I have been quoted a mid January delivery date to dealership having just ordered so is the 3 1/2 months a reasonable timescale compared to what you experienced / or have been quoted for new owners (obviously aware of certain Covid issues with times) or is it likely I am going to get told in a few weeks time that the lead time is now extended even further (I only ask as my current car has to go back at end of the year, so may have to arrange a temporary replacement in between if its going to be a long gap).

- All owners - any suggested 'checklist' to go through when the car is delivered or any pressing questions I need to make sure I ask the salesman when I next see him / collect the car to ensure I get a full explanation on how something works.

- Quattro - 4 wheel drive - does it control all 4 wheels individually so that the best ones are used when experiencing any slippage / ie if front right wheel had wheel spin, would it put the power into the three other wheels, or just the rear wheels to compensate for slippage at front?

- Finally - UK owners probably on this one - I am really sad and like to read through the owners manual - the last two cars I had I managed to download a copy of a recent manual and read it before picking the car up - but cannot seem to find a recent version - are the manuals available online, or is it a case of having to wait for a printed on with the car or its part of the media in the car? Any UK set of videos on features in UK cars?

Thanks all and looking forward to reading and seeing the posts on the forum and eventually getting my car.

Reactions: Bard72

·
Registered
Audi eTron 55 2020. Jaguar iPace HSE 2019.
86 Posts
Welcome along.

Hope you did your sums on the range vs your usage profile before you went for the 50.... :) just sayin'

• Delivery dates, no idea sorry, ours was a stock car so quick.
  • On delivery get the MyAudi App setup and linked to the car, its completely inexplicable to a normal human.
  • Figure out how and where and when you plan to charge it
  • Quattro. It weighs 2 ½ tons and it's far from sporty. Unlikely to get wheelspin but in case you do the thing is stuffed with electronics to sort it out. You can turn it off if you want...
  • Manuals. Do you have Google? Try here: 2019 Audi e-tron PDF Owner's Manuals

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Graham.

Audi have the offer re free install of a pod point at home for us and we rarely do 150 mile round trips. Most days is just a 2 or 3 mile round trip a couple of times a day and most weekends is about 20/30 mile round trip - sometimes 50/60 to go somewhere with the dogs. Rarely do 8000 miles a year, hence i think i will benefit from going full EV over having an ICE. The furthest we have done in the last year was Gloucester > Swansea Uni and back or down to Devon for a holiday - and with 2 dogs (and the wife) we would be factoring in a stop or 2 on route for any of those trips anyway.

Thanks re the tip on MyAudi linking - now you mention it, I can remember I had similar problems with the VW Tiguan and app at the start.

Yes, I have google and tried searching and i did find the 2019 book (I assume as you linked it, its the latest version) and bookmarked it, then looked again and kept getting page not found...so asked in here...and as always, now i click your link you provided - it works lol. Sorry about that.

Thanks,

Reactions: GrahamS

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
It looks like GrahamS provided a good response to your questions, so I'll just add my "welcome!" And congrats, once you get it, of course. ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts